I've noticed a lot of Final Expense job postings....is this a fad?

This shows just how clueless you are about the work that IMOs/FMOs do. I'll bet in the last 10 years I've put more work in that you by a ratio of 5:1. You have no idea what it takes to be an FMO. The whole post here just shows your ignorance. No wonder you have the attitude that you do.

If you are ever on the east coast, please stop by and see us and I'll show you what work really is.

You don't get in agents cars to train
You don't do leads
You don't train outside of a website (lol)
You hand out contracts to anyone that can smoke a mirror

I'm actually very curious what you do all day myself

2000 agents? Active ? Man you must be killing production ...

You don't do leads

If that's what you think I do, then so be it. You're wrong, but that's not unusual.

You don't do leads

Going to the bank all day everyday cashing checks is hard work. :)

Because I know how hard I work to do what I do. No offense, but you wouldn't know either. I'm not saying you don't work as hard, but since you've never ran an IMO with over 2,000 agents you wouldn't know what I do. Now, over the years I have managed to work a little less hard, but for years it was 18 hour days. Not many on this whole forum have ever worked as hard as I have to build something..

You see, JD used to say the same crap. He too thought incorrectly simply because he was ignorant of what it takes to run a successful IMO/FMO. He didn't want to deal with agents and that's fine, but it's also the reason he had no clue what it takes and still doesn't even though he claims to be best friends with Travis.

Yeah, I worked very hard and for someone to come on here and show their ignorance like that does push a button with me because I know just how ignorant the statement is. It also bothers me knowing that some that come on here are new enough and still gullible enough to believe what he was saying. Yeah, I guess I do take that personal!

Im sure there are alot of poor IMO's that "work hard". I dont get offended when someone calls out poor IMO's, because I dont see myself as one of them, and I dont think you should either.

Interesting enough, if your 2000 so called agents only placed $10,000 of premium in a YEAR (which is pathetic), thats over 20 million of placed premium. If you did that much premium, that would put you in the most elite of IMO's.

Youre not there.

So is it a matter of working hard that really matters?

Bottom line, alot of IMO's dont earn their override. I believe that to be a fair statement, and I agree with it.

If carriers didnt come down on other IMO's when someone tatles on them for paying more comp, or didnt hold agents hostage for six months when they want to leave an IMO, it would open the market up for more competition, and actually help the selling agent.

You don't do leads

It is probably just answer agents calls, emails, and text all day and fixing contract issues and maybe fixing or going to bat on applications. It may not be hard work per se but certainly time consuming. 2000 agents usually means 400 producers. (just guessing though)

2000 agents usually means 400 producers. (just guessing though)

I would say 50 if hes lucky. If 1,950 unsuccessful agents just send in one piece of business a year that adds up too.

The question is how many of those 2000 did he rope in from this forum? If he was roping in 2 or 3 new agents off the forum a day he could have 2000 agents in 3 or 4 years maybe. Is he killing it or funding it with his Fireman's pension and an inheritance?

I didn't say you did anything

Answer emails ? Forward emails? Talk to insurance marketers occasionally?

My average day involves

1. Coordinating with lead vendor for agents(25 average week)
2. Meeting new agent or struggling agent for ride along
3. Motivating depressed agents (hardest part)
4. Fighting off dogs to write policies
5. Interviewing possible new agents

So I'm curious , how exactly is what you do difficult? You got it nice and easy. And 2k agents ? Lol you mean you sent 2,000 contracts out

Maybe you'll know when you get to 2,000 agents. Now go find something good to smoke.

I always view job postings, there has been a big surge in final expense listings.

Any reason ?

Growth. It has been like this for the past 22 years. However, there are a lot of players getting into the fe market to grab their fair share. More than likely this will continue for the next 50 years.
The Depression Era
Born: 1912-1921
Coming of Age: 1930-1939
Age in 2004: 83 to 92
Current Population: 11-12 million (and declining rapidly)
World War II
Born: 1922 to 1927
Coming of Age: 1940-1945
Age in 2004: 77-82
Current Population: 11 million (in quickening decline)
Post-War Cohort
Born: 1928-1945
Coming of Age: 1946-1963
Age in 2004: 59 to 76
Current Population: 41 million (declining)

Boomers I or The Baby Boomers
Born: 1946-1954
Coming of Age: 1963-1972
Age in 2004: 50-58
Current Population: 33 million
Boomers II or Generation Jones
Born: 1955-1965
Coming of Age: 1973-1983
Age in 2004: 39 to 49
Current Population: 49 million

Generation X
Born: 1966-1976