Just Quit my Job to Do FE Full Time

NAF1138

Guru
I am both terrified and excited. It took me longer than I expected to get everything in place so that I could leave, but everything is in place and I just sent a resignation email to my bosses. I'm all on my own now. It's exciting. It's also terrifying, but mostly exciting.

I am both terrified and excited. It took me longer than I expected to get everything in place so that I could leave, but everything is in place and I just sent a resignation email to my bosses. I'm all on my own now. It's exciting. It's also terrifying, but mostly exciting.

Best of luck to you!

You do know about the cat piss......don't you?:twitchy:

Kinda like a scary movie.

Don't be the one who leaves the pack to check out what's going on. They always die. One day maybe you can be on the frontier and guide others to safety. For now...do what others say.

Congrats!

How'd you set yourself up to where you felt ready?

Whats your plan? Do you have a family?Do you have adequate reserves to live on for a while and buy leads?

What IMO are you contracted with?

Congratulations. A wise choice in my opinion. Don't be swayed by the naysayers that don't make their living as FE agents.

Those naysayers are the ones that look upon the FE agent with disdain.

Some will even put in their sig that they are not FE agents. As though that's needed?

I used to just be a life insurance agent until I learned about FE and advanced my career.

Beware of the ones that speak ill of the clientele that we serve. They may mean well but they are clueless as to how to be an FE agent.

Get with an IMO that specializes in FE. Not one that just offers some FE contracts on the side.

Last edited:
To answer the questions asked (and head off future questions) I have money, and a reserve to buy leads with and appointments with several companies, a dba and business cards. I have been working in insurance already, but for a captive agency rather than as an independent. I have an Imo that I feel supports me and a business plan in place and my first leads started coming in this week so, rather than violate my non compete, I quit.

I started putting the plan together mid December when I realized I had no future as a captive if I didn't want to be in management, which I don't. I picked fe because it's mostly the same people I am already working with, but older. Today I finally felt like I could make the jump.

Right now as it stands I can go 2 months without a sale and I'll be ok, but I don't think it will come to that. I was averaging 3k in ap a week at my old company. If I can come close to that doing this I will have given myself a 75% raise.

Edit: thanks JDeasy! I'm excited.

Last edited:
I just quit my job and went full time with med supps after doing it part time for about a year. It's amazing how much you can accomplish in one day working full time!

Back