Trustage/American memorial just termed all agents

Take advantage of these carriers while they're available.

Most of us are brokers and use multiple carriers. Nothing wrong with picking one carrier to lead with.
I guess it would depend on your perspective and what you are looking to do. I get to help a lot of agents and many of them with little or no experience. I prefer to give them a lineup of carriers that is tried and true.

Will agents pick a go-to carrier from their lineup? For sure! I just have to be very careful to not get them a bunch of fly by night companies that may not be here tomorrow (not saying you are doing this). Of course there are no guarantees, but we can go by their reputation. Agents in the beginning are very vulnerable.

You are an amazing producer and can pivot very easily. If I were only in the field I would probably do things a lot like you do.

Take advantage of these carriers while they're available.

Most of us are brokers and use multiple carriers. Nothing wrong with picking one carrier to lead with.
I’ve always been an advocate of picking one carrier and focusing on it. Getting to know that company inside out and they get to know you.

And I’ve given that same advice to every new agent I’ve ever spoken to.

Most do not want to do that. They prefer the shotgun approach and most don’t make it.

It seems that every agent I’ve seen that focuses on one company to learn seems to make it long term.

Personally I’ve never had a number 2 company. Or a number 3 company.

I have one company. I intend to place every person I see with that one company.

Of course that’s not possible. So I have many other companies. My number 2 is based on why can’t I use my number 1.

There’s a reason I can’t use number 1. Who fills that hole?

Right at the moment I’m without a number 1.

And I don’t like it.

Back