Kaplan Vs. ExamFx Vs. AD Banker?

Discussion in 'Insurance Pre-Licensing Forum' started by DeadSlash, Oct 21, 2016.

1. AboutThatLife

AboutThatLife Well-Known Member

I took my life exam last December and my health exam in August. Have you checked their ExFx scores on the practice tests and guarantee exams? Are they making use of the focused reviews? I find those to be VERY helpful in broadening the scope of the questions.

AD banker sounds nice.

2. LostDollar

LostDollar Well-Known Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thank you for your efforts on my behalf. You put me in mind of teachers at a computer programming trade school back on the back trail. There were kids there that really had no business being there-they had hope and unused loan money-but most of the teachers tried with all of them.

That looks like plenty of information to keep me going for awhile.

"They test in general rules instead of exceptions, so if you go online for the info you might get the RIGHT info, but NOT what the state is looking for."

And that's hilarious. I get potential purchaser evaluation critical thinking training too.

3. DeadSlash

DeadSlash Active Member

There is no doubt in my mind anyone who puts in the time and effort can pass this exam. Over the years I have gotten some people past it that... well, let's just say I'm glad they were not working for me...

I believe very strongly in this as a career, so I take legitimate joy in seeing people pass.

My biggest tip to you would be to this: If you get the online version, when you take the topic quizzes and simulated exam, cover the question/answer and read the 2-3 sentences under the question and answer. This way you memorize the concept, not the question. You won't see the question again, they are all different on the state exam, but knowing the concepts will allow you to answer the question no matter how it is phrased.

Read the questions and answers a few times, to get used to the style, but after that, I'd only look if it's a concept you know for sure. So if the concept is something like "Medicare Part A covers Hospital" and you are thinking "Wait, I know that!" Uncover the question and see how it fooled you.

----------

Yeah, these guys are following the program, we won't schedule them before they sit with me for 3 days and hit a certain hour/score benchmark online, but the translation is down. For example, 5 years ago there was an average drop off from high sim to state of 7.3% this year it was 11.2%!

4. Kingstoninsuran

Kingstoninsuran Member

I used 'Testeachers' for P&C and passed my CA exam the first time. I highly recommend them.

5. DeadSlash

DeadSlash Active Member

I hope FX incorporates them properly instead of erasing them.

6. AgencyAdvantage

AgencyAdvantage Active Member

7. YourFamilyBank

YourFamilyBank Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
  8. AgencyAdvantage

AgencyAdvantage Active Member

I haven't actually used kaplan. I've heard nothing but great things though. The teachers on testeachers are very good at conveying points though. Took series 6 and 63 with them and passed both the first try and...don't tell anyone... I literally only watched the videos and took the practice exams. I didn't read a single thing for them, but granted I'm an auditory and visual learner so to each his own..

9. DeadSlash

DeadSlash Active Member

Kaplan is very wordy. It has all the info you need and a lot you don't. TesTeachers and AD Banker are 2 I like a lot. I just don't know when TesTeachers will get ExamFxized, and how it will change them.

10. pfg1

pfg1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    A little late to the party but here is my .02
    I used AD banker for my life license back in 2009. I didn't have video's just the book and practice tests. Passed the test easily... actually thought it wasn't that hard. I have recommended it, and others have done well with it. I have not seen it recently at all, so can't comment specifically on how it is today.

I used test teachers for security lic... I thought they were pretty good. I used the videos and practice exams and studied a good bit, passed with no issue. I did feel there were a couple area's on the exam that they didn't cover, but it could have been the "fakes" which IMO is stupid.

Never used FX or Kaplan.