KSKJ Not Taking Any New Agents

And then the frustrating part -- out of state agents (who were already contracted before the big freeze by KSKJ) are getting non-resident appointments in Kentucky, and then selling here in my back yard. KSKJ was recently admitted to Kentucky (they never offered a Med sup here), and they haven't been offering new contracts since they were admitted. So far, it's not been a big issue, but sooner or later someone will ask me why I'm not offering such good deals to folks with health problems.

And then the frustrating part -- out of state agents (who were already contracted before the big freeze by KSKJ) are getting non-resident appointments in Kentucky, and then selling here in my back yard. KSKJ was recently admitted to Kentucky (they never offered a Med sup here), and they haven't been offering new contracts since they were admitted. So far, it's not been a big issue, but sooner or later someone will ask me why I'm not offering such good deals to folks with health problems.

KSKJ wasn't recently admitted to Ky. They have been available here for 2 years.

You could get contracted with them that whole time until the last quarter of 2015.

I wouldn't look for them to open up to new agents anytime soon.

Wow, that is a good idea.

KSKJ wasn't recently admitted to Ky. They have been available here for 2 years.

You could get contracted with them that whole time until the last quarter of 2015.

I wouldn't look for them to open up to new agents anytime soon.

Fair enough. Perhaps the better usage of terminology would have been that they weren't offering any products here (they were admitted in 2012, no apparent sales activity until 2015). The first agent appointment didn't happen until sometime in 2015, and KSKJ was never promoted or marketed here (by the company or NMO's). At present, only 25 agents are appointed to sell in Kentucky, and a significant majority of them are non-residents.

----------

Wow, that is a good idea.

Of course its a good idea. Would I ever have a bad idea?

Fair enough. Perhaps the better usage of terminology would have been that they weren't offering any products here (they were admitted in 2012, no apparent sales activity until 2015). The first agent appointment didn't happen until sometime in 2015, and KSKJ was never promoted or marketed here (by the company or NMO's). At present, only 25 agents are appointed to sell in Kentucky, and a significant majority of them are non-residents.

----------

Of course its a good idea. Would I ever have a bad idea?

I should get a non-res there, with the replacement rules there seems like it would be a target rich environment. Got a buddy in an area called Prospect. But he is not one.

I should get a non-res there, with the replacement rules there seems like it would be a target rich environment. Got a buddy in an area called Prospect. But he is not one.

He is not one what? Prospect is the wealthy suburb of Louisville.

As for selling KSKJ here as a non res, they really frown on sales that are not face to face. They do allow sales by phone and mail but only as exceptions.

He is not one what? Prospect is the wealthy suburb of Louisville.

As for selling KSKJ here as a non res, they really frown on sales that are not face to face. They do allow sales by phone and mail but only as exceptions.

I meant my Prospect buddy is not a insurance prospect.

Yeah, I was pulling your chain on the non-resident KY thing. However, me112233 say most of the KSKJ KY agents are non-resident so I have to think somebody is doing phone sales with them. Unless they are all in bordering states. But again, just joking. I could work with in an hour or two of here and not run out of people.

I I'm a nonresident producer in Kentucky I don't live anywhere near Kentucky but most of my sales are there. Sorry buddy haha lots of us fishing in that pond

I meant my Prospect buddy is not a insurance prospect. Yeah, I was pulling your chain on the non-resident KY thing. However, me112233 say most of the KSKJ KY agents are non-resident so I have to think somebody is doing phone sales with them. Unless they are all in bordering states. But again, just joking. I could work with in an hour or two of here and not run out of people.

We have three of us in Evansville with Fex and one more here non-Fex that are 5-miles from KY. We end up in Kentucky if we just make a wrong turn.

I meant my Prospect buddy is not a insurance prospect.

Yeah, I was pulling your chain on the non-resident KY thing. However, me112233 say most of the KSKJ KY agents are non-resident so I have to think somebody is doing phone sales with them. Unless they are all in bordering states. But again, just joking. I could work with in an hour or two of here and not run out of people.

They may be doing phone sales but they are hiding it from KSKJ. The don't prohibit phone sales but they don't want it. I've done two by phone and I told them both times.

I'm doing 2 more tonight and I will inform KSKJ that they were by phone and why.

Back