Lampe Company NAA

I was just wondering what you all knew about this company? I saw one forum saying that it was a scam and did not want to invest my time and money into this if it was a scam. Thank you
not a scam.....but not exactly the greatest thing out there either
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Lampes don't actually sell.....and to the best of my knowledge....never did sell

Last edited by a moderator:
We were with NAA and I wouldn't recommend that company. They start with a very low commission rate, more or less force you to buy a lot of items from them to show you are "committed" and their leads are over priced and old. I do have very high respect for the Lampe Organization and believe they run their company with honesty & integrity.
Other Managers are not as good or honest. We did everything as instructed, my husband in the two years we were there was their number 2 and 3 producer in the country and we couldn't make money due to the high cost of doing business there. We made over 6 figures and kept about 25% of that. Google NAA Scam and see approx. 75 pages of complaints at Indeed.com.

Deb La Vigne

3 years ago, I stumbled onto the forum and asked the same questions. Numerous seasoned agents, were kind enough to explain why NAA didn't make sense.

They will likely have you pushing overpriced non-med life insurance policies and pay you a third of the commission you could receive otherwise. While buying their overpriced and overused direct mail leads. Then if you expect to increase your commission level, expect to recruit, recruit and then recruit more.

When the focus of recruiting becomes more important than the product you’re selling, that sound like a pyramid scheme to me.

The advice I was given was the learn the business by finding a local agent to teach you as a sub-agent. Then, go independent. I listened to this advice and now, have a modestly successful practice.

I did NAA for about 5 years and this pretty much sums it up. While it is a way to learn the insurance biz it is at a high cost. They start you on a 55% contact. Find someone and it can be here on this forum that will help you get contracted with several companies at around 100% and help you learn to prospect. Direct mail for leads at around $350 - $400 per 1,000. Get some phone and sales scripts from this person and learn them, make them your own. Learn a few products. Write yourself and maybe some family members to get your feet wet. Off you go. Easier than it sounds.

You can make it starting out purely independent if you can give good phone and have halfway decent starting out money.

Just don't expect to be making a fortune inside 6 months. Took me almost a year to really start doing well.

I was originally recruited by EMG, an NAA lookalike. I lost a total of 1000 dollars on leads and produced no sales. Since I stopped doing that and went into medicare/health, still selling some life, I make on average 5 deals a week.

Some of it was me learning, some was lead quality. It also gets a LOT easier to sell once you have a book of around 100 clients. You start getting referral business that comes in for free.

When we left NAA we went to EMG, Equita Mortgage Group. I wouldn't say they are a clone of NAA at all. We get fresh leads within 2 weeks of the customer signing them, sold 12k this week on 14 leads. They did have some trouble when RS went to work there from NAA and tried to turn it into another NAA.. that may have been when you were there. They have since been asked to leave, and they are completely rebuilding EMG. They have the managers from EFES rebuilding EMG now, and EFES has always had a good business model. Just had to throw it out there.

bswan98588 said:
What are you doing now?
Did you hear about the lawsuit between NAA and two of their former agency managers? Yeah, I left and joined them for the same reasons you left. Couldn't get and stay profitable!

I heard about the lawsuit. Funny how NAA sues agents who leave. We have to wait 6 months to get back with our favorite carriers, I don't like that either. We moved over to EMG Equita Mortgage Group. Online we have a site under the name La Vigne Group. It's not a com, it's a org. Hey I couldnt respond privately because I haven't posted 20 times yet. Hope this answers your question.

I am also looking for info about this company. Thanks.

If you search NAA here on this forum and google it you will find enough that should convince you to stay WAY clear. It's a cult and if you try to leave they will chase you down. LOL

It is interesting that people base opinions on what others say so much. Check things out for yourself and validate your own information. I have come to the conclusion that the Lampe group is straight certainly very organized and helpful.
Charles

Back