Leads

Espn0830

So leads are basically gold what I’m hearing.. so as a new agent in Tele sales for final expense. How much would you guys recommend someone spend per month on leads starting out ?

So leads are basically gold what I’m hearing.. so as a new agent in Tele sales for final expense. How much would you guys recommend someone spend per month on leads starting out ?

Leads are your lifeblood. For telesales, talk to your upline. But almost all successful telesales agents spend north of $1000 per week. And many agents are spending more than $2000 per week.

If you are in phone sales you are probably under Root or maybe Doug Massey. You just need to have a consultation with their lead person and do the same thing all their other successful agents are doing.

If you aren't under someplace like that and you are just out on your own trying to re-invent the wheel, you need to re-think that.

Awesome just curious. I’m a liability adjuster now so getting all license stuff ready. I’ll have around 10,000 saved up. I’m looking to start my business with digital bga. Just curious on how much to save to get me started when I leave my current job.

Awesome just curious. I’m a liability adjuster now so getting all license stuff ready. I’ll have around 10,000 saved up. I’m looking to start my business with digital bga. Just curious on how much to save to get me started when I leave my current job.

That's a question for them. If you are going with them then do exactly what they say. Even if you don't like it. Add your spin to it after you learn their way.

I’ll have around 10,000 saved up. I’m looking to start my business with digital bga. Just curious on how much to save to get me started when I leave my current job.

That's a question for them. If you are going with them then do exactly what they say.

And JD's answer is the best answer for you.

If you buy the call back leads, you're going to spend most of your day dialing and dialing and dialing some more. You'll hear a lot of voicemail greetings.

If you'd rather spend your day speaking to prospects and presenting insurance, then you would be better of with the more expensive TV leads.

So, which to go with?

I'd ask DBGA this question: What is the average cost per client acquisition of call back leads and what is the average cost per client acquisition of tv leads?

Then I'd ask what is the average FYC for clients acquired by call back lead and what is the average FYC for clients acquired by tv lead?

Then do the math.

I suspect TV leads are the "better deal," in the end. However, if you're going to get your panties in a bunch when a $60 or $70 tv lead hangs up on you, tells you they thought this was car insurance, they never called you (even though that is exactly what they did 30 seconds ago) then maybe you would be better with the call back leads.

Either way, a good budget in my mind would be however much I Need to spend to get at least 5 at-bats each day, 5 days per week. If I'm not able to average 5 presentations per day with the leads I'm using, I need either need to up my telesales skills or change my lead/approach.

Last edited:
And JD's answer is the best answer for you.

If you buy the call back leads, you're going to spend most of your day dialing and dialing and dialing some more. You'll hear a lot of voicemail greetings.

If you'd rather spend your day speaking to prospects and presenting insurance, then you would be better of with the more expensive TV leads.

So, which to go with?

I'd ask DBGA this question: What is the average cost per client acquisition of call back leads and what is the average cost per client acquisition of tv leads?

Then I'd ask what is the average FYC for clients acquired by call back lead and what is the average FYC for clients acquired by tv lead?

Then do the math.

I suspect TV leads are the "better deal," in the end. However, if you're going to get your panties in a bunch when a $60 or $70 tv lead hangs up on you, tells you they thought this was car insurance, they never called you (even though that is exactly what they did 30 seconds ago) then maybe you would be better with the call back leads.

Either way, a good budget in my mind would be however much I Need to spend to get at least 5 at-bats each day, 5 days per week. If I'm not able to average 5 presentations per day with the leads I'm using, I need either need to up my telesales skills or change my lead/approach.
You say a good budget would be whatever amount is needed to get you 5 at-bats/day, 5 days/week.
On the high end, at $70 per tv lead, that comes to a total of $1,750 per week for 25 leads. This amount is in line with what jccwell mentioned. Considering these are tv leads (assuming that means live transfers), would you say every call is an "at-bat", even for those who hang up, thought it was car insurance, etc? Or, do you consider an "at-bat" to be a complete presentation only, which may require him to spend $70 more for every unqualified lead?
Also, given 5 at-bats, do you expect him to close at least one of those, more than one, or what would be your expectation?
How many of those leads, at that price, would you want to close per week or month to get the ROI you require?

It's not that simple. Even the TV leads that are call ins transferred to you real time require constant calling to improve your ROI because only about 10% are 1st call closes. Many will be Guaranteed issue which is 80% commission. And after all is said and done 20% will lapse within the first year.
I wish DBGA screened the calls and qualified them before sending them to the queue. I would pay more (25% to 33% more) if it doubled my closing ratio. Then I could spend my time more profitably.
There are too many 85 to 90 year olds who can't afford what $5000 insurance cost so it's a wasted lead.
Alot are on SSI and won't have the money until next month.
It's an uphill bottle, but it does require calling.

Back