Learning to Walk the Medicare Tight Rope

Thanks. sorrry I must have screwed up the response.
I thought that you could only phone if you are selling supplements.

I am asking these questions and such to gain knowledge.

I am asking these questions because years ago when I wrote my first and LAST Medicare enrollment, shortly there after I got a complaint for Medicare as well.

Sooooo, as a novice, I hope to be school, laught at in chat to collect the need information to avoid that that email from Medicare with those 10 question because of my lack of knowledge and awareness.

Just don’t call it a Medicare enrollment. We don’t know what you are referring to.
Medicare advantage plan enrollment = no cold calling. Medicare supplement plan = cold call ok

There has been a debate regarding cold calling for Supps and running across someone that needs a MA plan. Many on here say you have to just drop it like they don't exist, but I say differently.

The law states you can not cold-call with the INTENT to sell MA plans. It never says you can't go through the motions to pivot correctly to sell the MA Plan.

I know of an agent that either have a resource that he pays for set appointments or his FMO give him and he closes that sale the 7 out of 10 times.

Either way cold calling sucks
I am talking about Open Enrollment Period usually around the end of October and the first part of December.

I am stumbling around now with lack of knowledge but if I continue to apply myself in the coming months I will learn to walk.

My goal is to gain knowledge during the spring and summer to apply it in the fall.

I want to set aside the money to fund "my business" so that I don't be streesed about making a sale but allow the sell to be closed solid.

Individuals could sense a desperate agent.

That is why I am starting now setting aside money to help me to pay the needed bills when I go part time in the fall.

There has been a debate regarding cold calling for Supps and running across someone that needs a MA plan. Many on here say you have to just drop it like they don't exist, but I say differently.

The law states you can not cold-call with the INTENT to sell MA plans. It never says you can't go through the motions to pivot correctly to sell the MA Plan.
Ahhhhh! Yes thanks for the insightful answer!!!

Now I will remember that and will have to learn the "skillful art" of learning to pivot.

This has been my understanding as well

Although If ones % lean MA then I would guess they would know whats being targeted

I don't cold call but If I get one on an internet lead where they want MA I will sell it

But again my numbers show MedSupp 80% of the time

I know of an agent that either have a resource that he pays for set appointments or his FMO give him and he closes that sale the 7 out of 10 times.

Yeah I hear of agents all the time claiming to be bad ass and then I find out they can’t pay their car payment in time.
I could personally close 7 out of 10 appts that I set if I were to extremely qualify the appointment. But I don’t and prob sell about half of my DM lead cards from T65’s that I sit down with.

I can say, if you use a company that gives you pre-set appts, you’ll be lucky to close 25%. Assuming we are talking t65. Lower if not.

Back