Learning to Walk the Medicare Tight Rope

Apr 8, 2019

1. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Just don’t call it a Medicare enrollment. We don’t know what you are referring to.
    Medicare advantage plan enrollment = no cold calling. Medicare supplement plan = cold call ok

Chazm, Apr 8, 2019
  2. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee

You can sell MA on DM, Some internet web inquiries If the add is compliant

vic120, Apr 8, 2019
  3. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee

Either way cold calling sucks

vic120, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    There has been a debate regarding cold calling for Supps and running across someone that needs a MA plan. Many on here say you have to just drop it like they don't exist, but I say differently.

The law states you can not cold-call with the INTENT to sell MA plans. It never says you can't go through the motions to pivot correctly to sell the MA Plan.

5. Garrett3984

Garrett3984 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know of an agent that either have a resource that he pays for set appointments or his FMO give him and he closes that sale the 7 out of 10 times.

6. Garrett3984

Garrett3984 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am talking about Open Enrollment Period usually around the end of October and the first part of December.

I am stumbling around now with lack of knowledge but if I continue to apply myself in the coming months I will learn to walk.

7. Garrett3984

Garrett3984 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My goal is to gain knowledge during the spring and summer to apply it in the fall.

I want to set aside the money to fund "my business" so that I don't be streesed about making a sale but allow the sell to be closed solid.

Individuals could sense a desperate agent.

That is why I am starting now setting aside money to help me to pay the needed bills when I go part time in the fall.

8. Garrett3984

Garrett3984 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ahhhhh! Yes thanks for the insightful answer!!!

Now I will remember that and will have to learn the "skillful art" of learning to pivot.

9. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee

This has been my understanding as well

Although If ones % lean MA then I would guess they would know whats being targeted

I don't cold call but If I get one on an internet lead where they want MA I will sell it

But again my numbers show MedSupp 80% of the time

vic120, Apr 8, 2019
  10. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Yeah I hear of agents all the time claiming to be bad ass and then I find out they can’t pay their car payment in time.
    I could personally close 7 out of 10 appts that I set if I were to extremely qualify the appointment. But I don’t and prob sell about half of my DM lead cards from T65’s that I sit down with.

I can say, if you use a company that gives you pre-set appts, you’ll be lucky to close 25%. Assuming we are talking t65. Lower if not.

Chazm, Apr 8, 2019