Life Insurance and Smoking

:Hmmm just don't get appointed in Washington state? "

Just look at your apps., they will say which states. It wasn't just WA, there are around a dozen or so states that alter the two year.

Well fibbing about smoking is as old as life itself. The thing is in the old days, agents didn't worry too much because there would still be a death benefit, albeit a smaller one, but there would be payment.

When the OIC made this change, things changed. Now, just a refund of premiums. The agent if they have any doubt, needs to express what this clause means and who enforces it.

I tend to mention it in passing as just a conversation piece with everybody. Explaining what used to happen with what happens now.

If you app contains a page with state listed in bold letters and words after them, it would be wise to read them.

Well fibbing about smoking is as old as life itself. The thing is in the old days, agents didn't worry too much because there would still be a death benefit, albeit a smaller one, but there would be payment.

When the OIC made this change, things changed. Now, just a refund of premiums. The agent if they have any doubt, needs to express what this clause means and who enforces it.

I tend to mention it in passing as just a conversation piece with everybody. Explaining what used to happen with what happens now.

If you app contains a page with state listed in bold letters and words after them, it would be wise to read them.

I mention it much the same way. I also add that if an agent will lie there he will lie on everything thing else.

cgo

I checked several company"s apps today. While a few had a fraud notice...which read basically any intention to defraud...would be based on that states laws. Did not mention my state (NC) in particular. Would be good to clarify if it is in my state.

I checked several company"s apps today. While a few had a fraud notice...which read basically any intention to defraud...would be based on that states laws. Did not mention my state (NC) in particular. Would be good to clarify if it is in my state.

Some states require specific wording, while others don't. Just because your state doesn't require specific wording of the fraud statement doesn't mean it it toothless.

So basically a former smoker purchase a life insurance policy at a non-smokers rate. They have started smoking again and want to know if they die of lung cancer or any other smoking-related illness that the policy will still pay out. Can anyone provide any insight to situation like this?

Technically speaking, you're fine because it is base on what was true at the time of application - but I would still keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't die withing the 2 year of writing. I wouldn't put it past an insurance carrier to contest it or delay the benefit if he dies of smoking related causes.

Every insurance company will be move in there act. Smoking insurance policy is part of life insurance which they are provide many opportunity but you should follow there act.

:1err:

Every insurance company will be move in there act. Smoking insurance policy is part of life insurance which they are provide many opportunity but you should follow there act.

:1err:

I've never smoked an insurance policy, but I did roll a joint with a speeding ticket once. It was very harsh and caused me to drink more beer.:yes:

Back