LifeSecure Group LTC

People on this forum are nice. Ohhhhhmmmmmm (sounds hollow right?)
Can you not distinguish at all where I am expressing what in my opinion is common sense from whatever anyone else is doing?

And I care why? What I wrote is based on what I know. Carrier shops don't care (and don't need to care).

On one hand, having dealt with agency enough, I know why they'd do it. (Defending the devil mode on). Imagine you're giving out leads, agent takes 100 leads ($5k), turns in nothing, then wants immediate release. Agency people are thinking well... you got $5k ... we are left holding the bag, cause no matter who we give these leads to - they're "B" leads now and nothing prevents you from going ahead and selling these on the side.(Defending the devil mode off). How's that?
We have always dealt with it differently, choosing to eat whatever loss may have taken place. Reasons: This is a small world. Before you know it - that person may come back in a different capacity (e.g. as a carrier account rep). Why burn bridges... In my view - this is people business, the more paranoid you are - the worse it will turn out. Karma, sir...

Re-read what I wrote. I specifically mentioned that our agency does not do it, and that (specifically) the agency that gets a lot of hate on here - ltcfp - never used to do it (I don't know what they are doing post-merger, things could have changed - although knowing the people there - I doubt it).

BLah-blah-blah. Here is specific scenario: Our agency specifies that the agent has to be compliant with HIPAA by taking certain measures. Once agent's contract is broken - I can't enforce it, but see, if I don't kick her or him from my appointment - agent can still write business under me, violate HIPAA and guess who the carrier will go after?
This is just one unpleasant scenario - there are others...

And? What would the agency have achieved? Not that I would doubt for a second that people like those on this forum, put in a position to run an agency would do it every time. Spiteful, hateful bunch - they'd do it just to "show them".

See above, just one scenario.

You are so nice.

----------

Don't fume - Whatever it is you are saying here contradicts what you said before. You mentioned making calls. This implies some significant breadth to your "warm market" - but see, making calls to people you don't personally know still binds you under the same cold call-making rules. Unless of course, you only mean family/friends/attendees to your seminar/referrals/etc. Generating such "warm market" leads is, naturally, possible - just not very scalable - some people can do it and some can't or would not.

----------

I am still confused - I thought you were saying how ltcfp is at the very bottom of the swamp, the dirtiest of the bunch...

You are a lying snake who wants to twist words to fit your agenda. People like you are the very reason that agents distrust IMO's so much.

And no you were not just talking about your agency. The comment I quoted was directed at career agencies in general and IMOs in general. You dont care about career agencies?? Then why are you disparaging them? You brought them into the conversation, not me.

Maybe your IMO does give releases and maybe it does not. We have no way of knowing without knowing who the IMO is that you work for... of course your not going to tell us that because they would probably fire you for the comments you have made on this forum. But you have proved to be untrustworthy, what you say about your IMO has a zero trust level. I could care less to be honest... I have not said one thing about your IMO other than the fact that many agents on this forum would not work with them after what you have posted. I have only pointed out inaccuracies you have made about the industry as a whole.

And I have never said anything bad on this forum about any specific IMO. LTCFP included.

BTW, the term "cold calling" is not limited to just phone calls... and your warm market does not include seminar leads or any other type of solicited info... actual agents know this very basic terminology that you learn day 1 in this industry...

I am not saying anything different, you simply do not understand basic insurance sales terminology.

Last edited:
You are a lying snake who wants to twist words to fit your agenda. People like you are the very reason that agents distrust IMO's so much.
People like me are the very reason we are in business. Thank you for your kind words.

You dont care about career agencies?? Then why are you disparaging them?
I am just telling you that as an agency (and not huge one) we can't afford to piss people off and/or shaft them left and right, while the carrier career shops can (don't care if they do it or not).

Maybe your IMO does give releases and maybe it does not.
Indeed. Let's talk about something everyone on here likes to trash - ltcfp? Any unfortunate souls that had been chained to the galleys and forced to row? Can you drag one out?

they would probably fire you for the comments you have made on this forum.
And why would this be? I have posted the challenges we have faced early on... but that's all water under the bridge now.

many agents on this forum would not work with them after what you have posted.
It is quite the opposite actually. If they can't read between the lines and see the value - I don't want them.

you simply do not understand basic insurance sales terminology.
Only 29 years in this - and still lots to learn. What would I do without the fine people on this forum who are ever so generous to share their knowledge. Too bad it comes out wrapped in bile and spit sometimes.

Only 29 years in this - and still lots to learn. What would I do without the fine people on this forum who are ever so generous to share their knowledge. Too bad it comes out wrapped in bile and spit sometimes.

Then its sad that after all that time you still dont know what the generally accepted definitions are for the term "warm market" & "cold calling".

If they can't read between the lines and see the value - I don't want them.

This is a pathetic way to do business. It shows a callous disregard for people.

You have been riding the agents backs for 29 years and yet you talk bad about them like they are pawns in your game. Then you have the audacity to talk down to agents on this forum.

yet you talk bad about them like they are pawns in your game. Then you have the audacity to talk down to agents on this forum.
Are you sure you are talking about me? I have never ever disrespected people who work for living, no matter what they do or who they are, much less agents on this forum.

Latest posts

Back