Lincoln National Life

If the OP doesn't have an upline he hasn't shopped the case.. So many factors that he didn't tell us about. Age, build, tobacco use and medical history. I haven't wrote any LN lately but they used to have aggressive underwriting. Commissions on term are not what they once were. My brokerage, The Marcus Agency, is very good at risk assessment and have been more than fair with me on commissions.
Lincoln still has the best comp by far on traditionally underwritten 30yr term and they still can be aggressive w/ underwriting when it fits their niches.

I don't often shop cases because I normally know where to put them. That being said, I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt considering they're asking for a specific carrier.

need to write 2 30 yr policies
1. 1mm for 30 yrs
2. 2mm for 30yrs

Where should I go for best commission rate? This is Florida case.

TIA

I couldn't even begin to think this way. This is going to sound like a lie, but I always always always put my client in the best policy to suit their needs. I look at the carrier rating, the conversion options, riders available, and the price and try to pick out what I think suits them best. During my close I tell them this. I show them two other options and why I disqualified them. Part of being an independent guy is letting your client know that you have the ability to keep their best interests in mind and that is what I do. I would much rather have the referrals that this type of close generates than an extra couple hundred bucks of commission. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thank you all for thoroughly explaining everything I should have done.

I asked because I’ve already done my homework
My IMO doesn’t offer Lincoln
I also am tired of not getting a fair comp
Just thought that someone on here would have a suggestion

and I always put a clients interest before my own!
That doesn’t mean I’m not entitled to being paid well.

I would contact @SPUR CITY on the forum - he goes by the alias "Matt Mungia" in real life. I have my FE contracts with him and he also has traditional life and annuities carriers as well. I am almost 100% sure he has Lincoln National and if anyone will give you top comp and treat you right it is Mr. Mungia.

His cell phone is 281-536-4220 ... He's a straight shooter. I've been with him for three years now and I have not one complaint and nothing but good to say about him.

EDIT: I sent him a text to look out for you.

I couldn't even begin to think this way. This is going to sound like a lie, but I always always always put my client in the best policy to suit their needs. I look at the carrier rating, the conversion options, riders available, and the price and try to pick out what I think suits them best. During my close I tell them this. I show them two other options and why I disqualified them. Part of being an independent guy is letting your client know that you have the ability to keep their best interests in mind and that is what I do. I would much rather have the referrals that this type of close generates than an extra couple hundred bucks of commission. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

You are making a lot of assumptions about the OP, which you have no clue if they are correct or incorrect.

What if he has term quote software, but no upline for LFG?
He could have shopped the hell out of this client and found exactly what the client needs. And you can find UW guides for carriers with a simple google search.

Nothing wrong with wanting to get paid as much comp as possible on the product that best suits your clients needs. If he can get 120% with lfg instead of 100% with other uplines... why wouldnt he want to do that??

People ask specific questions for specific reasons. Not everyone is coming on here needing others to figure every single thing out for them. Sometimes they have everything except the 1 question they are asking.

Instead of making assumptions. Why not ASK if he has done any of that?? Or ASK WHY he decided on LFG?

Thank you all for thoroughly explaining everything I should have done.

I asked because I’ve already done my homework
My IMO doesn’t offer Lincoln
I also am tired of not getting a fair comp

and I always put a clients interest before my own!
That doesn’t mean I’m not entitled to being paid well.

Well put. You will probably have 6 or 7 IMOs reach out to you today from this thread.

In addition to Matt, @Todd King here on the forum probably has a LFG contract with good comp. You can also reach out to FIG (financial independence group) out of NC, they have a good lfg contract.

Well put. You will probably have 6 or 7 IMOs reach out to you today from this thread.

In addition to Matt, @Todd King here on the forum probably has a LFG contract with good comp. You can also reach out to FIG (financial independence group) out of NC, they have a good lfg contract.

Thanks for the shout out. We don't have LFG, but hopefully Matt Mungia does. If he doesn't have it, FIG is a great place to get it.

Thanks for the shout out. We don't have LFG, but hopefully Matt Mungia does. If he doesn't have it, FIG is a great place to get it.

Other IMOs this is how this is supposed to work. I have seen several other upline/recruiters do the same Newby and Rearden to name a couple.

Agents refer other agents regularly. Or should. This is such a cool business to be in. I get asked regularly by clients if I am retiring yet. I always reply retiring from what? I don't work that hard now.

If I were the OP I would contract through a brokerage that specializes in large term cases and knows about impaired risk. I would not go with an FMO who mainly contracts FE agents. Most don't have case managers on staff who keep you updated. The Marcus Agency is who I use for term. They do it every day. In fact my case manager even updates me on weekends.

Sounds like some of the agents on here have much purer motives than me for getting the best price, policy options for the client.

I want the best price and options for the client as well, but mainly because I want referrals and don't want to be replaced, there's no real honor in it.

Back