LinkedIn

Thanks for the heads up guys, isn't the internet great? I jumped on very quickly, is there a fee for this? If so how much is it? Looks like a fantastic marketing tool.

It's free. But, there is an upgrade for a fee. I know with a paid account, you can see more info on another paid account holder, but I am not sure of all the benefits of paying. I don't intend on paying either.

I've been LinkedIn for the past three years now, and have found clients, business associates, speakers for my Career Network group, and Affiliates for speaking engagements through it.

It is one of the most powerful, underutilized networking business tools around.

No reason to upgrade. You can get all you want from the free version.

I've been LinkedIn for the past three years now, and have found clients, business associates, speakers for my Career Network group, and Affiliates for speaking engagements through it.

It is one of the most powerful, underutilized networking business tools around.

No reason to upgrade. You can get all you want from the free version.

TY very much Bob. Glad to know I am on the right path. I had a feeling this was a good network to join.

I joined linkedin recently. I haven't bumped into Beyonce yet.

But my psychotic ex-girlfriend tried to add me to her network. The institution must think that the Internet is good therapy for her.

I just hope she doesn't escape again. I don't want to change my name and move again.

To compliment LinkedIn, I also am a member of Plaxo. In fact, when I invite someone to join my LinkedIn network, I also mention that I will send them another invitation to Plaxo.

Plaxo keeps you up to date when they move, change jobs, etc. It's more of a personal networking site.

90% of people I am linked in with also join my plaxo network. Plaxo has a calendar, so I can share it with people who might have the same interest in joining me at a meeting of some sort, etc.

Again, the biggest hurdle with LinkedIn is getting someone to put in their information. Also, participating in the Q&A is a great way to network and find like-minded individuals to do business with.

The only piece that's missing for me for LinkedIn is the Calendar ability.

Back