LinkedIn

I just joined twitter and it does seem a little strange a platform for business....how are you using it?

Well I figured out how to follow you on the thing. I just need to figure out how to work the program more.

Last edited:
I joined LinkedIn a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I have already met a good bit of people. It's really cool because in meeting new people I have reconnected with people from my past I never I thought I would see or talk to again. Sometimes it can be a small world!
I'm on LinkedIn under Erica Pope, [email protected].
I am always looking for new connections!

I just joined twitter and it does seem a little strange a platform for business....how are you using it?

Well I figured out how to follow you on the thing. I just need to figure out how to work the program more.

Glad you found me on Twitter! They say their are three stages on twitter (from the TwitterHandbook)
Most people go through 3 stages getting into Twitter.
  1. It looks like a complete waste of time and “why would anyone want to know what people had for breakfast”
  2. Friends say “use Twitter” and you get an account to secure your name while you can and still think it’s a waste of time
  3. You get into a conversation with someone, pick up a new recruit, learn about some news and start saying “how did I live without this?”
I have only been using it for a few weeks but have made connections with others in my industries (finance, insurance and annuities). Got a JV offer and connected on an Aviva offer I sent out so it's working for me.

It is basically a community building tool--kind of word of mouth marketing in 140 characters. It is important to not spam and to add value to the community just like you do at this forum.

Look forward to tweeting with you!

Chris
@annuitymaven:1cute:

PM me if you need more help or a copy of the "Twitter Handbook"

Whether or not it is a good place to find people looking for insurance coverage, I can't say. I will say however it's a great way to stay in touch with people, and find out where they are, what they are working on, etc. I'm sure that can translate indirectly into many kinds of business opportunities. I have seen them, although on LinkedIn, the things that come my way are usually the things I never expected...
I have also referred people to other people quite frequently on LinkedIn, it's a great way to do favors.
I think a softer approach might be best on LinkedIn... helping people, answering questions, that kind of thing. I find the best way to find opportunities is to just help others find theirs.
I like LinkedIn, and use it frequently. I'm glad it exists. I'm just not sure it is a direct means to a specific commercial end.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have TRIED to like Twitter, but I'm just not the type I guess. I have a little circle of friends that tell me what football game they're watching on TV, or what they're cooking for dinner, etc. I think you have to be chatty for Twitter to work for you. I try it a few times, then just very quickly get sick of it.
As far as business use for twitter, it will be there... but I dont see it yet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Glad you found me on Twitter! They say their are three stages on twitter (from the TwitterHandbook)
Most people go through 3 stages getting into Twitter.
  1. It looks like a complete waste of time and “why would anyone want to know what people had for breakfast”
  2. Friends say “use Twitter” and you get an account to secure your name while you can and still think it’s a waste of time
  3. You get into a conversation with someone, pick up a new recruit, learn about some news and start saying “how did I live without this?”
I have only been using it for a few weeks but have made connections with others in my industries (finance, insurance and annuities). Got a JV offer and connected on an Aviva offer I sent out so it's working for me.

It is basically a community building tool--kind of word of mouth marketing in 140 characters. It is important to not spam and to add value to the community just like you do at this forum.

Look forward to tweeting with you!

Chris
@annuitymaven:1cute:

PM me if you need more help or a copy of the "Twitter Handbook"
Just read this after submitting my other thought on Twitter... I guess I'm still firmly in the first category! But I will keep trying and will expand my group a little.

Last edited:
I am going to work at twitter a little longer. The more access points though the more passwords. I am resetting at a regular pace! Not sure if it is because of the volume or my age.

I like using twitter and put the toolbar on my browser which makes it easy to use. Can't say it has gotten me any sales though. Nice concept except for those birds tweeting around and pooping in my beer...

I use the twitter firefox toolbar extension to tweet my self serve website to those following me and it in turn passes down the line to those following them and so on. It just puts a link and brief message out to a lot of people at once. I have only been doing it for a few weeks now but the traffic on my agent website has jumped up quite a bit. Just one of those things that takes all of 5 seconds to do each morning and if I get just a few sales from it it will be worthwhile.

Back