ListShackPro down for the count?

This sort of behavior is out of character for Josh. I certainly hope Josh is okay.

That's what I'm hoping too, but now after about a week my thoughts are that he's not. I've been a friend of his for over 10 years and I know he's never just dropped out of sight for week on purpose. What's odd is that nobody else that he had on staff had the thought to give everyone the heads up. Not so much for what we're doing on data, but just so that we knew what the deal was.

I will also say on the data front that anyone who thinks that data was not great for what we all paid, they're misinformed. We've now tried three different batches of data and none of them are even close in terms of quality and two of the three are much more expensive. It just reinforces what he did to put together a really solid platform at such an affordable price.

I used them briefly a few years back to generate my own leads by phone. The lists were probably around 80% accurate. The price was low enough that it was still worth using them. Josh was always very responsive and helpful. I was moderately successful reaching people on the phone using an automated dialer and setting appointments. But I just didn’t enjoy spending a whole day on the phone fishing for appointments, so I cancellled my subscription. I had no trouble whatsoever. So, the recent problems described don’t seem characteristic. Did he possibly sell the business? I was considering using them again to try my hand at direct telesales. I wish Josh would come on here with a response!
I mostly door knocked the list, as most were on the DNC list. I always downloaded 2 lists...Scrubbed and unscrubbed. :yes:

@whatyouwantfinally what is the time stamp on this FB post? Does it coincide with his last login to the forum?

Curious this is about the same time as the CA scenario was unfolding. I doubt he had time to post such a detailed account on FB while in the middle of being arrested, etc.

Seems like a LOT of personal information including the address where he was staying/arrested, description of his car (nice wheels!) and other details which seem to embellish the story.

If he posted to FB on Saturday it would either have to be before the arrest or he managed to do all that while in handcuffs and being held.

In short, I don't believe any of it.

Not calling whatyouwant a liar, just saying the "facts" don't add up.

Even if the FB post is accurate that does not explain why the website is down and/or lost its' SSL certificate.

@whatyouwantfinally what is the time stamp on this FB post? Does it coincide with his last login to the forum?

Curious this is about the same time as the CA scenario was unfolding. I doubt he had time to post such a detailed account on FB while in the middle of being arrested, etc.

Seems like a LOT of personal information including the address where he was staying/arrested, description of his car (nice wheels!) and other details which seem to embellish the story.

If he posted to FB on Saturday it would either have to be before the arrest or he managed to do all that while in handcuffs and being held.

Even if the FB post is accurate that does not explain why the website is down and/or lost its' SSL certificate.

Ok lets say the guy has some medical issue - I still want my $750 back that his company stole from me. My husband had a cycling accident last week and during routine CT found a kidney mass more than likely cancer. I want the money back so that I can pay his medical bills. I’m going to update Bank of America on this stuff since they are the ones opening the inquiry on my money.

I also filed with the state of Virginia with what happened. I have a lawyer friend but waiting until he’s back from a three week deployment.

The timestamp says August 3, 9:01 AM. My impression is it's referencing an arrest before that date/time, because obviously it would have to have happened prior for him to be writing about it then. It does look like it was posted around the same time he was last online here.

I agree it's doesn't explain much, but it seems relevant in the context of what is being said about the business.

Last edited:

I read it the same as you. If that was real it just sounded like ramblings of someone really paranoid and not grounded in reality. I don’t know Josh at all other than a conversation or two with him through the years. No idea if that was really from him or not.

Wrote my first 100 apps by phone with Josh's ListShack! That was back when people still answered their phone! Was it Frank Stastny that used to say "give good phone"? Now it's "give good voicemail"! :)

Back