Live Transfers from digbga

Does it matter? Persistency is a percentage. If I have 100% retention writing 4 or 400 cases a month it doesn't mean anything.

Secondly, I haven't lost a client since 2019. Don gets his panties in a wad because I don't go kill myself to write as much business as possible. I'm also selective in the people I work with.

Because I'm not desperate. That's a choice. I don't write everyone and see what sticks.

You can call that a Piker, Don.. but I'm not the one bitching about call centers, AHIP, or losing clients...

You have JefF with hundreds, if not thousands of agents writing telling you that persistency is the same, regardless of in person vs telesales when you do the job correctly.

Bob can tell you he doesn't lose clients that often except natural attrition due to death.

I'm telling you I write a handful of Duals and I haven't lost any in years.

You may not agree, but considering I've done f2f AND telesales that F2F does not create nearly the hardship you think it does.

I

First, I agree that telesales does not inherently mean you'll have lower persistency.

That said, when agents are considering advice from other agents on this forum, how much business the advising agent writes absolutely matters.

I'd never take advice from a life agent who issues 30k per year. Even if that agent had a 98% retention rate, I still wouldn't listen to them because their production is worthless.

However, if a life agent was issuing 200k per year, I'd listen to them all day even if their retention rate was 80%.

It's much harder to keep 500 people on the books compared to 50.

You've stated that you only do this business part-time. So to put your advice in the proper context, what are you issuing per month?

You've stated that you only do this business part-time. So to put your advice in the proper context, what are you issuing per month?

I've written .0001284833 of a case all year.

I'd never take advice from a life agent who issues 30k per year. Even if that agent had a 98% retention rate, I still wouldn't listen to them because their production is worthless.

Good thing. I've been pretty clear I'm not a life agent. My initial response to this thread (I believe, maybe a different thread) was specifically about interacting with Jeff and DGBA, which I've always had a positive experience.

Furthermore, I've never given advice on life sales (or when I've moved into that space and been corrected, I've clearly acknowledged that I don't know what I'm talking about and I was on the wrong thread.)

I don't think I've given any advice in this thread at all. I've said that Telesales does not mean persistency is screwed up or you cant give personal service.. and then laid out how I do it in my practice. Something you've acknowledged as truthful.

I've actually stated that Jeff is a better source of life insurance persistency and writing amount for life, because he does it day in and day out with hundreds or thousands of agents.

My point, which it has always been specific to Don saying Telesales doesn't work, persistency sucks, yadda, yadda, yadda.. is that it hasn't been my experience and these are the measures I've used to make that determination.

He's making assessment on things he HASN'T done at all..

You can draw on my experience or not... I couldn't care less or more. It doesn't mean that my experience is inaccurate, especially when you have other people that do more or manage agents that do more and have essentially the same experience.

Last edited:
I'll clarify everything.

For Live Transfers, there's 2 options:

1. $1000/week unlimited transfers. Average 15 minute wait times. Many agents are getting transfers for sub $22 if you work it full time. Full comp (110%).

2. Free Lead and reduced comp. It's a 90 day contract to get you to transition to full comp, but you can stay longer than 90 days if free lead/reduced comp is your thing. You're paid 50% directly by the carrier with renewals (25% on GI carriers and GTL)- so you own these clients and can service them well into the future when you're full comp. You also get to keep all your follow ups when you transition to full comp. DigitalBGA pays for your remaining non-resident state licenses that are required for the program. There is a $500 monthly tech and resources fee which is waived if you write $10,000 in a month which should be done easily. All of this is outlined in the contract you sign.
_

We don't have a $55 lead right now - that was the old price of our TV leads. Our TV leads are $65. These are consumers calling in to our own final expense TV ads and going directly to the agent.

Hey jeff is this information still accurate?

Nope. We shut down our live transfer program permanently on Friday. We no longer provide final expense live transfers.

For inbound calls we are going solely to our Call In model as the success rate, ROI and wait times are so good.

Plus we learned of a lot of shady practices of the market in general and it was time to leave. The market is too saturated with agencies buying transfers - especially with SelectQuote and other big companies now working overseas transfers. This has resulted with overseas call centers are on the rise working the same amount of data. It's forcing call centers to do some very unethical things to hit their targets.

Nope. We shut down our live transfer program permanently on Friday. We no longer provide final expense live transfers.

For inbound calls we are going solely to our Call In model as the success rate, ROI and wait times are so good.

Plus we learned of a lot of shady practices of the market in general and it was time to leave. The market is too saturated with agencies buying transfers - especially with SelectQuote and other big companies now working overseas transfers. This has resulted with overseas call centers are on the rise working the same amount of data. It's forcing call centers to do some very unethical things to hit their targets.

Ok, so do you still have an unlimited weekly leads option and or a free or discounted leads option with reduced commissions for 90 days?

You only work inbound leads now wether tv or Social media ? I worked Humana mapd leads during aep were a Computer connected us . They were awesome leads overall . Maybe 5 agents took the calls and first one to answer got it .

I believe I've been the victim of those unethical practices. Are there any live transfers you can trust?

Ok, so do you still have an unlimited weekly leads option and or a free or discounted leads option with reduced commissions for 90 days?

No we removed those as well.

You only work inbound leads now wether tv or Social media ? I worked Humana mapd leads during aep were a Computer connected us . They were awesome leads overall . Maybe 5 agents took the calls and first one to answer got it .

We still work our callback leads as well. So our Call In leads and our Callbacks. 2 lead types currently. Working on another call in type, but its not ready yet.

I believe I've been the victim of those unethical practices. Are there any live transfers you can trust?

I don't know of any. That doesn't mean there aren't any though. I just wouldn't touch any retail lead vendor. I'll likely post a video of our findings in a few weeks.

The safest way is to source your own TCPA compliant data, in your own dialer (where fronters don't have access to your data) and hire fronters to transfer you calls. That's what we do with our callbacks now.

Sr Life Ins. Co. has a live transfer program for its agents. The types of leads that are transferred , as soon as they respond to the ad, are TV, Online Request a Quote, FB, and Multi-Source (these are people who were declined by another carrier).

The multi-source leads are pretty hot for SL agents because ages 0-85 cannot be turned down for any health reasons and all forms of payments are accepted except cash.

Latest posts

Back