Local Agent Advantage

I used to destroy out of town agents when I was on shared leads. It wasn't even fair. I'd ask my client to discuss MCHIP with the "out-of-towners" to see if they knew the market and actually helped people or just wanted a paycheck.

Maybe TX could explain the MD health programs available to our residents....or maybe not.

NOT. I don't market or sell there yet.

I have a license there just because I am waiting for a major carrier that is coming very soon, and I will go through the same steps I go through when I add any state.

Somarco,

You sound just like a modern day Bear Claw (Will Geer) straight out of the movie Jeremiah Johnson. I love that movie and that was a great post.

While being a local agent in the individual market, it holds more value in the senior market. To know that they have a live person to call and not a 800 number is worth its weight in gold.

I have seen many people who have various packets from agents and carriers. The ones who buy usually sign up with the person across the table from them.

You are right on the money. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to tell them to throw away all that crap they have gotten in the mail and to tell the guys who are "too busy" to come and see them to forget it.

I sell a little bit over the phone but the vast majority of it is face to face. I go on an appointment not to sell insurance but to sell me. I want to be the last agent they will ever need.

I'm available to my clients seven days a week. I have written more policies simply because people are disenchanted with their current agent who won't return their phone calls.

I always have time to talk to a client whether it's insurance or YIO. I believe that anyone who takes my money better have time to talk to me or I will take my money elsewhere.

NOT. I don't market or sell there yet.

I have a license there just because I am waiting for a major carrier that is coming very soon, and I will go through the same steps I go through when I add any state.

Neither here nor there. I don't buy shared leads, never will. Who's coming into MD? I thought World was but they backed out for this year.

Back