Local Agent Advantage

What was asked was "my opinion" of a plan, not of 20 plans and spreadsheet comparison.

It was a good recommendation I don't see why you jumped all over me about my pick - honestly it was a little rude, particularly to keep bringing this up on another thread after I already told you I respect your opinions.

I try my best to help all board members - and I learn a lot from everyone else as well. I will continue to make recommendations and help other board members - and I will not check with Chumps first.

:D:D:D

Lighten up Francis! Nothing wrong with making recommendations. And I'm not sure you should be the one chastising people for being "rude." LOL.

And please do continue to help other board members. That's what we're here for. And I also admire how you hung in there after John challenged you to a "match" that you could not win. Bravo! That's what is needed.

Let's all move on...

Q. How much does an out of state boiler room operation earn on a $400 per month sale?

A. $0

They pushed the wrong plan, failed to tell the client about the pending rate up for pre-ex conditions, did not take the time to verify network providers for the client, did not conduct an underwriting pre-screen.

Chalk one up for the local agent . . .

Bob, Excellent post. This thread seemed to disintegrate into a discussion about different health plans, but I could not agree more about the local advantage. All things being equal people prefer to do business with people they know, all things NOT being equal they still prefer to do business with people they know.

With a local agent they see you at the post office, at Exchange Club or Rotary, at church, at the local sports games,Chamber of Commerce, riding through town, etc...

Could Geico, 21st, or Progressive take business away from Mr. Weaver (retired local State Farm guy)? No way in hell.

I live in a county with a little over 43,000 population. Things work a little differently here versus a large metro area. There's an incredible amount of business won by just running into people and being nice, and local.

Back