Looking for a telemarketer - I'm offering $2,000 a week

When I get someone that doesn't have coverage, I ask them if they've recently looked, that gives me a good idea of what's kept them from coverage. I then tell them jokingly that it hasn't gotten any cheaper since they last looked and it keeps getting more expensive each year. I then glance at a nearby price sheet and tell them they're probably looking at between $150 to $300 per month depending on the deductible you choose, "is that something that's even in your budget right now?" It's a low key way to qualify people. The best candidates already have coverage.

In my opinion that is an EXCELLENT approach.

I feel that anytime one can interject humor in their "dog and pony show" will set you aside from all the other duds that are reading a script.

It's still a great post! This business is so simple when we don't get in the play. The neat part, John's numbers were based off of hand dialing. It's very possible to write three applications per week by calling for two hours per day with a predictive dialer. The only problem for me is how poor my state pays on IFP (even Chumps can't complain to me!), I still would have to call four hours a day using a predictive dialer to reach John's $2000 number.

God forbid that an insurance agent should have to work 4 hours a day, even six or eight hours a day.

If I had to work more than thirty minutes a day to make $40,000 a week I would find a different profession. I hear that Wal-Mart is hiring greeters in your area. :D

God forbid that an insurance agent should have to work 4 hours a day, even six or eight hours a day.

If I had to work more than thirty minutes a day to make $40,000 a week I would find a different profession. I hear that Wal-Mart is hiring greeters in your area. :D

If they worked that much, they wouldn't be able to waste so much time on this forum, would they?

Let's see what this situation brings:

A newly licenced agent, working for a "captive" agency, NYL for example.

He's been out of the Country for the past 20 years and does not have that almighty magic 100 persons of influence list to draw down on.

Perhaps 30-50 people at a push could be used as on a prospect list.

Now, he's not afraid of hard work, long hours, has done phone solciting in the UK.

Where does he get the leads to work; from orphan files, or paying money to his own company to use their own leads that need to be called?

That guy is me and I am curious on where I will be able to get my leads from, referralls will be asked obviously.

Let's see what this situation brings:

A newly licenced agent, working for a "captive" agency, NYL for example.

He's been out of the Country for the past 20 years and does not have that almighty magic 100 persons of influence list to draw down on.

Perhaps 30-50 people at a push could be used as on a prospect list.

Now, he's not afraid of hard work, long hours, has done phone solciting in the UK.

Where does he get the leads to work; from orphan files, or paying money to his own company to use their own leads that need to be called?

That guy is me and I am curious on where I will be able to get my leads from, referralls will be asked obviously.

This is probably going to sound strange but do you have a British accent?

If you do I can see that as being a HUGE plus in your favor when telemarketing.

Where do you get leads? Learning how to prospect and being creative in finding people to call is what selling insurance is all about. Anyone can sell this stuff once they find someone ready to buy.

This is probably going to sound strange but do you have a British accent?

If you do I can see that as being a HUGE plus in your favor when telemarketing.

Not True. My Indian accent doesnt help me at all. I call about insurance, and when I show up, they got their Dell Computer ready for me to look at. Its pretty annoying.

:D

Not True. My Indian accent doesnt help me at all. I call about insurance, and when I show up, they got their Dell Computer ready for me to look at. Its pretty annoying.

:D

No offence but whenever I hear an Indian accent on the phone I think immediately of a call center in Inda...try calling Virgin Atlantic or HSBC for examle....

Seriously I don't have any accent, I usually made trips back to the States every few years or so, I needed a decent hot dog, and a yen to see the Dodgers play.

Back