Looking for a telemarketer - I'm offering $2,000 a week

When I get someone that doesn't have coverage, I ask them if they've recently looked, that gives me a good idea of what's kept them from coverage. I then tell them jokingly that it hasn't gotten any cheaper since they last looked and it keeps getting more expensive each year. I then glance at a nearby price sheet and tell them they're probably looking at between $150 to $300 per month depending on the deductible you choose, "is that something that's even in your budget right now?" It's a low key way to qualify people. The best candidates already have coverage.

"Hi, I'm John Petrowski from the Health Solutions Agency. The reason I'm calling is to let you know the top companies in Maryland such at Aetna, United Healthcare and Assurant Health all have new health insurance plans for individuals and families. These plans are currently saving most of my clients over 35% off their premiums. Do you have a group or individual plan?"

Prospect: "We have group"
Me: "Good bye."

Prospect: "I have my own plan/or no plan."

Me: "If you give me your email address I'll send you quotes for all the newest plans. What is your email?"

Prospect gives me the email

Me: "Now all I need is just the ages of anyone who will be on the plan (get ages) do you smoke? And finally, do you have any major health conditions?"

After that I simply thank them, let them know they'll have quotes by tomorrow and get a time to follow up. I do not get engaged in any long conversations during the 1st call.

John or anyone who has used his script do you ask for the business owner first on the list of Go leads or is this the first thing out of your mouth when they pick up the phone? Also what do you do to get past the gatekeepers?

Ask for the owner - I rarely deal with gatekeepers. It's better to simply dial another number than figure out a way to get past them. Enough owners will answer when you're calling groups under 10 to get good leads.

When we get into the other part of the script for people who claim they're interested and want quotes, you have to distinguish the real from the time-wasters. Easy to do that:

"What I do is simply help people who are having an issue with their health insurance. Some of my clients really want to get their premium down, other's want immediate coverage and others want a better plan. What's your current concern with your coverage?"

Then shut up. Interested people will launch into a diatribe about how their rate sucks, they really don't like being without coverage or their plan stinks. Disinterested people will say "Well...you can just send me the quotes and I'll take a look at what you got." Errrr.

It's still a great post! This business is so simple when we don't get in the play. The neat part, John's numbers were based off of hand dialing. It's very possible to write three applications per week by calling for two hours per day with a predictive dialer. The only problem for me is how poor my state pays on IFP (even Chumps can't complain to me!), I still would have to call four hours a day using a predictive dialer to reach John's $2000 number.

Back