Looking for an MGA with Guardian and NY Life

fjman

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So I'm just about to go independent and I need to hook up with a good MGA. I like Guardian WL and would like to continue selling it but can't find an MGA to sell it through.

If NYL can be sold through MGAs I'd like to sell them as well.

I was looking at Crump but it doesn't look like they sell Guardian or NYL.

Who do you guys recommend? What type of commission structure is to be expected?

How is Ohio National? Any other reccommendations?

Neither company brokers. However, we work with agents from both companies and they are great people, but they still need us to broker from time to time.

Ohio National is a very agent-friendly company. We looked at writing them, but they don't pay as much comp to our producers, and while their preferred best rates are normally in the top 5, I've heard it's hard to get their preferred best.

Hey fjman.. If you are looking for the best contracts with guardian, I just found them in New York. Send me a PM and I will get you the info you need. They Write $100MM of business with them every year...

You are corrent that Crump doesn't sell Guardian or NYL. They used to, they just can't make the spreads anymore. Ohio National is a good carrier. I have been using AXA and Principal lately. I have high comps with both.

Rich
lifespringllc.com

Neither company brokers. However, we work with agents from both companies and they are great people, but they still need us to broker from time to time.

Ohio National is a very agent-friendly company. We looked at writing them, but they don't pay as much comp to our producers, and while their preferred best rates are normally in the top 5, I've heard it's hard to get their preferred best.

Guardian brokers!

Back