Looking for insurance agent who will accept credit card payments

Daniel85

Expert
I have identified a supplemental health plan from a specific carrier that I wish to purchase. I understand there is no savings to me if I purchase it directly from them. The insurance company does not allow credit card payments and I was wondering if anyone is aware of an insurance agent that will accept credit payments from the consumer and then make a payment to the insurer of the premiums on their behalf.

I have identified a supplemental health plan from a specific carrier that I wish to purchase. I understand there is no savings to me if I purchase it directly from them. The insurance company does not allow credit card payments and I was wondering if anyone is aware of an insurance agent that will accept credit payments from the consumer and then make a payment to the insurer of the premiums on their behalf.

Agents are not allowed to do that for the most part, so no, it won't work this way.

That practice is co-mingling and taking possession of insurance company funds... and an agent would be terminated for doing so.
If the agent has a company that allows them to accept cash payment for the premiums and then remit an agency check to the company, it would work.

Reactions: DHK

I think this is Lost Dollar's cousin . . .

If you are too suspicious of the carrier to give them an echeck for the policy, you shouldn't be doing business with them.

Back