Looking to Do Some P&C in Tampa

pmontanez

Expert
Hi everybody,
I'm a current sales producer for Allstate in NY being tired of making money for my boss. I'm thinking to relocate into the Tampa Area.. any good inside info that I can use.. My understanding is that in terms of property insurance is really hard due to hurrican and sink wholes exposure.. Any company that I should be aware of...

Please advice!!!!!!

Thanks..

Companies are writing you just have to get the appointments with those companies. Most likely you will have to start at an independent agent "making money for your boss" unless you have the money to open up your own agency and connections to get the appointments.

Tampa is one of the worst auto claim fraud cities in the country. Many companies are tightening the belt on auto insurance in the metro area so be aware of the difficulties there right now. Note that it is generally just in and around Tampa.

Miami is the worst area and Orlando is starting to see some fraud. It has skyrocketed in the last six months so many on the board are not aware of the extremes going on there.

Gulliver

Tampa is one of the worst auto claim fraud cities in the country. Many companies are tightening the belt on auto insurance in the metro area so be aware of the difficulties there right now. Note that it is generally just in and around Tampa.

Miami is the worst area and Orlando is starting to see some fraud. It has skyrocketed in the last six months so many on the board are not aware of the extremes going on there.

Gulliver
Good Point Gulliver, I spoke with an Allstate agent in Tampor Spring a few weeks ago, he told me exacly the same issue. Also there a tremendus problem with the sink wholes and according to him just the state insured those properties in most of the Pasco, Hillsborough and Hernando county.
Now, does anybody known any good company or general office writting in this area ???

Auto is generally a pain. I usually only write auto for our customers who have their home with us.

I could name 10 companies that write home here, I am in Tampa/St. Pete. The aren't Am best rated, but anything is better than Citizens.

While this is true, I don't see how it makes any difference. I, and everyone that I know here in Tampa still have to buy auto insurance.

Auto is generally a pain. I usually only write auto for our customers who have their home with us.

I could name 10 companies that write home here, I am in Tampa/St. Pete. The aren't Am best rated, but anything is better than Citizens.
Would you please ?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
While this is true, I don't see how it makes any difference. I, and everyone that I know here in Tampa still have to buy auto insurance.
I'm agree with your statement, I use to work for a Brooklyn agent a few years ago. I guess, I've seen at all !!! But Again these people needed insurance and they paid 3-4k for car insurance.

Last edited:
Would you please ?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Universal P&C, ASI, Florida Pen just to name a few. It's not that easy though. You have to know what companies price in the best in certain zip codes, for different age homes and what coverages each company offers.

Last edited:
Back