Loss of Likes in Comments View

marindependent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Has anyone noticed that you no longer can see how many "Likes" the poster that is posting has over their lifespan? You used to be see how many posts they had alongside how many Likes.

Now it appears that you can ONLY see how many posts they have. You have click on the contact name to see their like count.

I find this feature to be useful as it helps tell me if the person adding the comment is a real person or just a spammer and adding useless content.

In addition I would prefer the likes be called "helpful comment" - in my opinion,

I am mildly pissed, but people can still see how awesome I am by my fantastic hair and cape.

Frankly, by not being able to see the amount of likes, I think it is a disservice to the users on the site. In my opinion, usually (but not always) the ratio of likes serves as an indicator as to the history history of giving good (or bad) advice and responses. It's not the whole story, but definitely an indicator.

I am curious why it was removed, though I suspect there is a good reason.

Does anyone know?

@STIBROKER - Pray tell?

I am mildly pissed, but people can still see how awesome I am by my fantastic hair and cape.

Frankly, by not being able to see the amount of likes, I think it is a disservice to the users on the site. In my opinion, usually (but not always) the ratio of likes serves as an indicator as to the history history of giving good (or bad) advice and responses. It's not the whole story, but definitely an indicator.

Does anyone know?

@STIBROKER - Pray tell?

It's Trumps fault.......

It's Trumps fault.......
Lol. Of course. I had a particularly impressive conversation with someone the other day. They blamed current problems on Trump, then when I pointed out good things that happened under Trump (black unemployment at an all time low, growing economy, and my personal favorite, NO NEW WARS). He claimed those were things put in place by Obama. Then when I pointed out the problems we are having under Biden, he blamed those on Trump. I honestly found the political gymnastics quite impressive.

I think you may enjoy the flag my friend was flying on our last offroad trip. (It says "Don't blame me, I voted for Trump")

239852522_1797267967138964_7819130187870284444_n.jpg

Does anyone know?

@STIBROKER - Pray tell?

It was part of the infrastructure bill. Showing likes was determined to unfair to those with few or no likes

Has anyone noticed that you no longer can see how many "Likes" the poster that is posting has over their lifespan? You used to be see how many posts they had alongside how many Likes.

Now it appears that you can ONLY see how many posts they have. You have click on the contact name to see their like count.

I find this feature to be useful as it helps tell me if the person adding the comment is a real person or just a spammer and adding useless content.

In addition I would prefer the likes be called "helpful comment" - in my opinion,

Nothing worse than those damn Spamers......

Back