Lost Again...where do I go next?

Jose_XWFG

Good Day!

Where do I start? Somewhat embarrassed to post this message because many told me to avoid THEM. I did not listen to anyone except THEM.

Who did I only listen to? WFG! LOL

I know you have heard this story here over and over.
  • Joined WFG, I have my license!
  • Burned my friends and family
  • Sat in a room with 10 people twice a week and called friends and family.
  • Never learned the products but I was told I will be rich and buy my dream home!
Where do I go next? My next door neighbor wants life insurance. I realized I do not know NOTHING.
  • I've heard don't become a captive agent. I will get screwed with low commission.
  • I do not mind going solo at this point but where do I learn life insurance product?
I am sure many of you are going "boy here we go again" LOL

Jose

Good Day!

Where do I start? Somewhat embarrassed to post this message because many told me to avoid THEM. I did not listen to anyone except THEM.

Who did I only listen to? WFG! LOL

I know you have heard this story here over and over.
  • Joined WFG, I have my license!
  • Burned my friends and family
  • Sat in a room with 10 people twice a week and called friends and family.
  • Never learned the products but I was told I will be rich and buy my dream home!
Where do I go next? My next door neighbor wants life insurance. I realized I do not know NOTHING.
  • I've heard don't become a captive agent. I will get screwed with low commission.
  • I do not mind going solo at this point but where do I learn life insurance product?
I am sure many of you are going "boy here we go again" LOL

Jose

Happens every day. It’s a sucker pitch. But no one is immune to it until they get some knowledge of the industry.

No worries my friend. I went down the same route joined WFG and decided it was not for me. I soon joined Aflac and actually learned the business. I decided to depart Aflac after a few months because my commissions were between 10% to 35%. I also was not a fan being told by my upline to sell the products in under 10 minutes. I wanted a balance between sales and providing the best solutions to my clients.

I am still new and cannot offer much help. I joined a FE agency that I am happy with getting all the necessary training and support. Shoot me a message and I can share further.

Your neighbor wants a life policy and the question is do you protect him now or wait until you land somewhere. If you want to leave where you are now i would either write the policy and be paid as earned (you would lose anything after the fact most probably) or get somewhere quickly and have your mentor walk you through the process with a small commission split.

1) You need hands on training. I have always said that it is important to work with someone in your town so they can guide you through this business. Where are you located? Anyone can give you a contract.......who is willing to be your hands on mentor, that's the hard part. This is the reason I don't give contracts to people I'm not willing to drive to meet every single day and train them.

2) What is your niche market? What is your client base you want to focus on? Mortgage Protection? Final Expense? Traditional Life Insurance? State employees? Federal employees? Teachers? Etc?

3) After determining your niche market, you need to find and determine how are you going to market this product?

4) Do you have any capital to run this business? If not, what are you willing to do to make it up the lack of money?

Finding clients and having the funds to find clients is crucial no matter who you contract with.

I'm in the Gary Vee school of thought concerning building a business. Work a job to pay your bills while you build your business slowly and work your butt off on your time.

I have a full time job and put about 20 hours a week into building my lead machine. Until I'm getting leads on a consistent basis that a filling my pipeline, I'm not leaving my job.

Learn to market first, then learn to close.

There is great industry training available, start with LUTC (Life Underwriters Training Council), this teaches generic product knowledge and sales approaches. You'll also meet other agents that will give you some career advise

Back