Manhattan (CUL) Dental, Vision, Hearing Rate Increse

2nd rate adjustment. Yeah, I wish they stayed Actual Charges. I bought mine when they had Actual Charges, so I'm grandfathered in. The only one I know of that still pays Actual Charges is UNL/GTL, but their's is a rider at this point and doesn't cover hearing aids. Also limited on vision($200 per year).

I am having to change dentists and am discovering that a lot of the dentists near me are now holding their patients responsible for the full dental office bill regardless of what insurance companies consider reasonable.

If a steadily increasing amount of dentists are using fee research services to do an annual fee revision that places their new year's fees above the 80% of average cost for the prior year in their area, going to an insurance company defined reasonable charge for the basis of patient reimbursement was probably an essential cost control measure for CUL.

I am having to change dentists and am discovering that a lot of the dentists near me are now holding their patients responsible for the full dental office bill regardless of what insurance companies consider reasonable.

If a steadily increasing amount of dentists are using fee research services to do an annual fee revision that places their new year's fees above the 80% of average cost for the prior year in their area, going to an insurance company defined reasonable charge for the basis of patient reimbursement was probably an essential cost control measure for CUL.
I think that most dentists expect the entire bill to be paid regardless of whether the insurance company thinks his charges are more than the Usual and Customary charges.

Update: UNL's Dental/Vision is now a stand alone policy and no longer a rider. GTL's is still a rider.:yes:

I think that most dentists expect the entire bill to be paid regardless of whether the insurance company thinks his charges are more than the Usual and Customary charges.

Update: UNL's Dental/Vision is now a stand alone policy and no longer a rider. :yes:

Are you switching to UNL for selling or not yet?

No, not at this time. UNL has no coverage for hearing aids and they're weak on Vision. I'm sold on CUL's "pool of money".

I like that too though don't love the premium increase and switch to cost reasonable

However, I am still seeling them as I don't see much an alternative other then UNL which I am on the fence with

Also with UNL can you go to any dentist as that is another reason I am stuck on CUL

I like that too though don't love the premium increase and switch to cost reasonable

However, I am still seeling them as I don't see much an alternative other then UNL which I am on the fence with

Also with UNL can you go to any dentist as that is another reason I am stuck on CUL
Yes, you can go to any dentist with UNL and they do have a $2,000 annual max available. Thay;re priced about the same as CUL.

Correct me if I'm wrong but UCR charges are based on national averages. I see that has a headache when it comes to claims. I liked When Manhatten I believe it was based it on actual Charges.

Back