Manhattan (CUL) Dental, Vision, Hearing Rate Increse

Feb 28, 2019

1. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Received a notice that Manhattan is raising rates about 10% in most states on new and in force business.. Hat to have clients that are getting rate increases their first renewal ... :no:

2. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    With their new claim form that has to be filled out and their denial of coverage, I’ve already stopped writing them.

Chazm, Feb 28, 2019
  3. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    What do you mean by denial of coverage?

4. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois

What new claim form? :huh:

5. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Just too many calls and complaints the last few months of getting a check for $12 or so even after a year of coverage. It’s just too much work to figure it all out for little pay When I Never have to with Medicare plans. So at this point I’m just going back to never recommend a dental plans.

Chazm, Mar 1, 2019
  6. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    We used to be able to just send Them the bill and in two weeks a check was cut. Now they require a claim form to be filled out with the bill.
    I had 5 clients where I was personally uploading their claim forms and receipt and CUL would say multiple times they never received anything.

They’ve just lost my biz and are a pita to work with now.

Chazm, Mar 1, 2019
  7. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Are you uploading the forms on the website?

This is the second or third rate revision in just a couple of years... In addition, they went from actual charges to UCR which effectively is a rate adjustment as they pay less for the same premium. It appears they tried to jump in this market without doing their homework.

8. goillini52

State:
    Illinois
    2nd rate adjustment. Yeah, I wish they stayed Actual Charges. I bought mine when they had Actual Charges, so I'm grandfathered in. The only one I know of that still pays Actual Charges is UNL/GTL, but their's is a rider at this point and doesn't cover hearing aids. Also limited on vision($200 per year).

9. goillini52

State:
    Illinois
    That doesn't sound good. I've filed claims for those that use Walmart for vision, because Walmart doesn't accept them. I haven't used a claim form, or heard anything about a claim form. When did this start? :huh:

10. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    UNL has a dental and vision policy , $2000 coverage priced about the same as CUL but as you say, limited vision and no hearing..