MAPD---1 Certifcation ?

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Friends,

Question (if you can help).

I'm Getting MAPD educated and certified through Humana Now....as they offer a E&O ins. payback once i sign up a certain $ of biz. However, i do want to offer some other plans as well in my area as i hear that Humana is not always the best priced.

• Is it true that once you are MAPD certified with 1 company, you are certified to sell other Co's as well ?

Thanks for any constructive input in advance!

~T

You have to get contracted and take training for each carrier

Thanks Vic.

So i guess agents get certified with each carrier....so that would tell me "to limit" the # of carriers i work with to ----maybe 3 ? ? ?

Don't know...

What do you suggest?

Thnks !

Hi Friends,

Question (if you can help).

I'm Getting MAPD educated and certified through Humana Now....as they offer a E&O ins. payback once i sign up a certain $ of biz. However, i do want to offer some other plans as well in my area as i hear that Humana is not always the best priced.

• Is it true that once you are MAPD certified with 1 company, you are certified to sell other Co's as well ?

Thanks for any constructive input in advance!

~T

Not quite accurate. The AHIP is only needed once per year, but virtually every carrier has their own certification in addition to AHIP. Some only require it to be done online while a couple will require a classroom setting when it's your first time.

Not quite accurate. The AHIP is only needed once per year, but virtually every carrier has their own certification in addition to AHIP. Some only require it to be done online while a couple will require a classroom setting when it's your first time.

Ok...thank you "sman!"

Thanks Vic.

So i guess agents get certified with each carrier....so that would tell me "to limit" the # of carriers i work with to ----maybe 3 ? ? ?

Don't know...

What do you suggest?

Thnks !

I suggest you find out which carriers have the better plans and appoint and certify with them. Of course, you can't use terms like better and best with the client, but you want to make sure your potential clients doctors are in the networks of the plans you are going to offer.

I would recommend going to the Medicare Plan Finder, https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/home.aspx and look up the plans available in the areas you will sell. See which plans seem to have good benefits and decent networks. Those would be the carriers I'd appoint and certify with.

Thanks Man...

So...let me make sure i got it...

1. Take the AHIP one time?"
2. --then get certified every-year with each company you sell for?

CORRECT ?

I suggest you find out which carriers have the better plans and appoint and certify with them. Of course, you can't use terms like better and best with the client, but you want to make sure your potential clients doctors are in the networks of the plans you are going to offer.

I would recommend going to the Medicare Plan Finder, https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/home.aspx and look up the plans available in the areas you will sell. See which plans seem to have good benefits and decent networks. Those would be the carriers I'd appoint and certify with.

Thanks Man...

CORRECT ?

Take ahip every year, re-certify every year with every company you represent.
If you dont, you lose your renewals.
Its a PITA, but if your in FL and want to work the senior market, its a must.

Thanks Man...

CORRECT ?

No. You have to take AHIP every year. The other part is correct.

I passed the AHIP a few months ago while getting certified to sell the BCBS plans. Just a few days ago I logged on to Humana agent education portal to complete my training with them, I was able to "transmit" my AHIP completion to Humana and it counted, so now all I really have to do is finish the product training then do the F2F dealio (which is inconvenient). I think the other forum posters have covered everything else.

Back