Marketing methods - which do you use?

JJ2713

Guru
I've noticed most people on here use direct mail as their primary marketing method.

The different marketing methods:

- Direct Mail
- Telemarketing
- Internet
- Radio
- TV
- Billboard
- Ad in publication (newspaper, magazine, etc.)
- Other

I know each category has sub-categories (direct mail: letters, postcards, etc.).
And some strategies can be combined for multi-step marketing (direct mail after telemarketing, etc.).

Explain what marketing method(s) you use if you want.

JJ, I am still licensed but have been away from this field for a couple of years so hopefully others will chime-in here on the Forum to help you. However, before you go too far, make sure to check / revisit the CMS "Medicare Marketing Guidelines" and the definitions under the term "Marketing". All the best to you.

for Medicare
When you say Medicare, I'm thinking "Medicare Supplements".

Cold Door Knocking off of a targeted data list. With over half the people with no landline and 80% of the landlines on the DNC List, it's getting harder to telemarket. I think door knocking's coming back. :yes:

I guess you could put this under "Other", but I think it should have it's own category.

Cold Door Knocking off of a targeted data list. With over half the people with no landline and 80% of the landlines on the DNC List, it's getting harder to telemarket. I think door knocking's coming back. :yes:

I guess you could put this under "Other", but I think it should have it's own category.

Do you have any experience with leaving something at their door instead of door knocking? Like a large envelope or small box full of information (reports, etc.)?

Do you have any experience with leaving something at their door instead of door knocking? Like a large envelope or small box full of information (reports, etc.)?
No, I think that pisses a lot of people off because then they have to throw it away. Just like when somebody puts something under your windshield wiper.....annoying isn't it.

Leaving something at their door is a huge waste. That information isn’t selling them. You have to sell them on getting them to talk to you about a Supp.

I do DM as you may know and when someone on the phone says, “oh just send me that info”. I refuse. It’s a waste of my stamp.

I'm assuming that:
  1. You are not door knocking in the inner city of Chicago - because you are still alive.
  2. You have a preferred demographic. Seems like T65 would be too spread out w/ a lot of drive time. Are you doing over a certain age - i.e. 68-72 - trying to lower their premium?
I'd be interested to hear what kind of response you get at the door - cold knocking.

I'm assuming that:
  1. You are not door knocking in the inner city of Chicago - because you are still alive.
  2. You have a preferred demographic. Seems like T65 would be too spread out w/ a lot of drive time. Are you doing over a certain age - i.e. 68-72 - trying to lower their premium?
I'd be interested to hear what kind of response you get at the door - cold knocking.

If you are in a targeted area... and you use names... regardless the product... if you know how to approach people you will sale...

Too often we forget that people know people... and many people will buy based on others that they know have bought... I was trained D2D by a master name dropper... done properly this not only opens opportunity to sale... it also has its own solidifying effect that is truly amazing...

Back