Marketing, Prospecting Life & Medicare Supplemental

I have a lot of questions about marketing, prospecting,etc in Life Insurance in general and I believe I can include also Med Supps in.

I understand about the mails, phone calls options but... is it legal to?:

1- Being in a public place (flea market, for example),to hand to a prospect carrier's brochures describing a product with my business card attached?

2- Create a personal flyer, brochure,etc , (note: no captive agent) describing services you offer (example: Final Expenses, Term, Annuities, Med Supps...) -of course no carrier's names or pricing samples- ... and distribute placing this in public places (restaurants,offices,etc) ... or giving them to prospects face to face...

I have more scenarios in mind but I think be will be easier to ask for WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO, WHEN MARKETING, FARMING, PROSPECTING ... in Life Insurance + Medicare Supplements?

"is it legal to?:"

May be up to the owner to the venue.

Productive? doubt it. Annoying? Yes.

After a year or two in business I finally learned two important lessons. 1) stop trying to re invent the wheel. 2) stop aggressively getting ready.
If you have the moxie to stand at the flea market and hand out flyers. Try the walk and talk method. Should be much more productive.

Good Luck

The person that empties the nearest trashcan at the flea market is going to prank call you for a loooong time to come if you do that.

I agree with Wino and Brinko. There is no "easy" to do this. Some ways are easier than others but no "easy" way.

If that really worked and was a successful way to sell insurance then all of us would have started doing things like that a very long time ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I agree with Wino and Brinko. There is no "easy" to do this. Some ways are easier than others but no "easy" way.

If that really worked and was a successful way to sell insurance then all of us would have started doing things like that a very long time ago.

Last edited:
Back