Marketing that Works - Need Ideas

I wanted to thank all of you for your tips and yes I am with Allstate.

big blue wants me to sell standard auto all day long. of the car dealers, should I concentrate on used or new? am I going to be able to compete with a independent?

also, should I start thinking about opening up a small independent to write what can not be written by allstate? there is a company name Integra insurance services offering agency patterning opportunities. I would love to get your feedback on this company or something similar.

again, thank you in advance.

I am sure your contract with Allstate will not allow you to sell anyother carriers, hence the term captive. Read carefully before doing so or you can lose your contract with Allstate.

I am sure your contract with Allstate will not allow you to sell anyother carriers, hence the term captive. Read carefully before doing so or you can lose your contract with Allstate.

I will have a lawyer look it over before doing anything. I do not think they can do anything if the independent is not under my name.

Many Allstate agents have their spouse open an IA ;)

Be very careful and make sure you have separate office space (not connected). Sometimes Big Blue looks the other way and sometimes they don't so make sure you are to the letter of their law.

-keep re-quoting all of your unsold leads at their x-dates
-reach out to all your former customers who have left your agency
-either you or a staff member make calls to the apartment complexes/Realtor/mortgage people like all the glass companies and cleaning services do at your agency

Many Allstate agents have their spouse open an IA ;)

Be very careful and make sure you have separate office space (not connected). Sometimes Big Blue looks the other way and sometimes they don't so make sure you are to the letter of their law.

-keep re-quoting all of your unsold leads at their x-dates
-reach out to all your former customers who have left your agency
-either you or a staff member make calls to the apartment complexes/Realtor/mortgage people like all the glass companies and cleaning services do at your agency

good advice, thanks. I will make sure to have a lawyer go over my current contract as well as us everything separate with my Allstate office.

good advice, thanks. I will make sure to have a lawyer go over my current contract as well as us everything separate with my Allstate office.

You can have an attorney go over it ten ways to Sunday. It doesn't matter. If they decide they want you gone, they will get rid of you. The first clue will be when your manager shows up more often than usual.

When you try to get around the intent of your contract you are always playing with fire. They will document every mistake and even perceived errors and then use it to terminate your contract when it will hurt you most.

I'd like to know what you've been doing with apartment houses. I've though about doing it (for life insurance--not P & C).

All I do is UL/IUL and Annuities for 24 years. Direct Mail to new mortgages was great, the died w/the housing boom.
Seminars are great, but require up front expenses.
My agency has switched emphasis to small business owners an their retirement planning, using Sections 79 and 162.
A great door opener to speak to the owners is the Lyoness rewards card. Easy info is at lyonessfl.com or you can contact me. It's free, so the only thing b/t you and success is your ability and willingness to hit the strip malls and restaurants.
Good Luck!
Cled Oakley

I tried low cost renters insurance with apt complexes and spoke with property owners about offering it when new lease is signed. Opens up conversation about life products.

And to add to this, your marketing manager will come in the office, remove all of the Allstate marketing material from your office, discountinue your sign on for your computer and leave you their with your support staff telling you to close up and sell within 90 days or you get stuck taking your TPP rather than be able to sell your book.

Back