Mass Mutual for a New 2-15 Florida Agent

Agreed. However, if one has talked about the merits of their WL (whichever product) and that the term is for future conversion to that WL portfolio, it helps.

If they're ONLY going to buy term, then perhaps another company's term product may be a better fit.

What are phrases to never be overheard saying?

Yes, I agree that convertibility is one of the key strengths, however I would say it differently.

Not following what you're saying. Sure someone can get Mass' term for death benefit protection sake.

I just think where it's strength lays is in being able to be converted to ANY whole life product they have, and their Waiver of Premium follows it as well. Is that bad to point out?

Not following what you're saying. Sure someone can get Mass' term for death benefit protection sake.

I just think where it's strength lays is in being able to be converted to ANY whole life product they have, and their Waiver of Premium follows it as well. Is that bad to point out?

I agree. However, I would never say only for the ability to convert. Most policies are not converted. I would instead say something more like, "And one of the great features is that you can convert at a later date to a whole life policy with Mass Mutual, regardless of your health. Additionally, you can convert even if on waiver of premium and it will continue to waive the premium. So you aren't losing your insurance right when your family needs it the most. That means no matter what happen to your health in the future, you have the ability to guarantee life insurance protection for your family." Assuming their waiver continues to work the same as it did previously.

Call me risk adverse, but your statement is not one I would want to make publicly. Additionally, it makes it sounds like a Mass Mutual term policy is a bad idea if not for that one feature.

I agree. However, I would never say only for the ability to convert. Most policies are not converted. I would instead say something more like, "And one of the great features is that you can convert at a later date to a whole life policy with Mass Mutual, regardless of your health. Additionally, you can convert even if on waiver of premium and it will continue to waive the premium. So you aren't losing your insurance right when your family needs it the most. That means no matter what happen to your health in the future, you have the ability to guarantee life insurance protection for your family." Assuming their waiver continues to work the same as it did previously.

Call me risk adverse, but your statement is not one I would want to make publicly. Additionally, it makes it sounds like a Mass Mutual term policy is a bad idea if not for that one feature.

I don't see how that is different from saying, "transamerica has the cheapest term and horrible convertibility options".

Of course, this isn't what I would say to prospects or clients either, but between agents discussing the potential strengths of a company (free speech). I like Mass a lot, but I won't recommend them to someone if it's not suitable.

What are they going to do? Fire me for having an opinion?:SLEEP:

I don't see how that is different from saying, "transamerica has the cheapest term and horrible convertibility options".

Of course, this isn't what I would say to prospects or clients either, but between agents discussing the potential strengths of a company (free speech). I like Mass a lot, but I won't recommend them to someone if it's not suitable.

What are they going to do? Fire me for having an opinion?:SLEEP:

I did see someone called to the carpet by a carrier for a similar comment. He never did share the outcome, simply that he got a call about the comment.

I did see someone called to the carpet by a carrier for a similar comment. He never did share the outcome, simply that he got a call about the comment.

I will not hesitate to tell anyone what a companies strengths are whether it's their comdex score, their cheap rates, or the fact that they have a good convertibility option. If they are overpriced compared to other companies, especially for the features a person is interested in, I will say they are.

There's a reason I am a broker and not a captive agent, my allegiance is to the consumer!

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I am not yet full-time at a local Mass office and discovering the training is not exactly what I thought it would be.

Also,I get asked almost very day if I have new appointments which feels a lot like being micro-managed( rhetorical question as my calendar is plainly visible). The fees are a bit high at almost $300/mo ( E&O alone is $130/mo,) I am wondering if NY Life is any different. Let me know what you think.

Back