May I have your attention, please?

The other thing to discuss is very successful agents very into what they do. They are experts on their products and constantly seek out information. You will never show me a six figure insurance agent where this is not their entire life.

That cannot be taught or given to you. Someone can dump 100 fee leads in your lap and a script and you'll nose-dive unless you have a passion for this.

I wish I had said that, it is so true. When I had agents working for me I would give them leads, they told me they "weren't any good". I gave them the next set of leads and I went with them. I always sold something, they accused me of just taking the "good ones" when I went with them. There aren't any "bad" leads, some are just better than others. There are just agents who don't have a passion for what they are doing and guess at answers to questions.

I will go anywhere, anytime to write an app. I even went one time at 10am on New Years Day, that is the only time the prospect said they could meet with me.

I tell my clients to call me anytime they have a question. They do, mornings, evenings, weekends, even holidays. I am always happy to talk them and encourage them to call whenever they have a question. I have even returned calls when I am out of the country. I love what I do and the people I do it for.

"the leads suck" is the best excuse to use so at the end of the day you don't have to say "I suck."

If you're getting quantity all lead source will work. Profit in this biz is extremely nice.

More often than not when I talk to someone who's not making any money I recap their last day. Normally we can't get past 2 hours of work when I say "take me through your day yesterday from 9am to 5pm."

Good stuff gang, I know I hit a winner when they invite me to come back with all my kids for a visit.
I refer to the men as sir, the women as mam and the cute little blue haired ladies as "darlin" or "hun" :)

Basically, it sounds like it's all personality. No one has really figured out a way to stand out from the pack when it comes to marketing or advertising in this industry that I'm aware of.

Good stuff gang, I know I hit a winner when they invite me to come back with all my kids for a visit.
I refer to the men as sir, the women as mam and the cute little blue haired ladies as "darlin" or "hun" :)

So do I. I guess we do things different in Missouri. :D I'll bet they send you home with fresh baked pies, invite you to their anniversary party, and give you fresh stuff out of their garden. I even have one who has a picture of Jacqueline, my better half, and me framed and sitting on their mantel. It was at the top of a newsletter I sent out, she cut it out and had it matted and framed.

You've got to love this business. Where else can you make this kind of money going around talking to friends.

Basically, it sounds like it's all personality. No one has really figured out a way to stand out from the pack when it comes to marketing or advertising in this industry that I'm aware of.

We have a winner! Exactly. If there was some type of system that worked everyone would be using it. There is no system. The truth is a lot people have the personality of a stale saltine cracker. You cannot fix that. Some people are born without a personality. They can close occasional deals but it's brutally hard. Some people simply connect with others better.

The people who write those sales books have dynamic personalities and are work-a-holics.

I had an agent once buy 70 shared leads. Blanked and quit. I gave those leads to another agent and he close 4 deals.

We have a winner! Exactly. If there was some type of system that worked everyone would be using it. There is no system. The truth is a lot people have the personality of a stale saltine cracker. You cannot fix that. Some people are born without a personality. They can close occasional deals but it's brutally hard. Some people simply connect with others better.

The people who write those sales books have dynamic personalities and are work-a-holics.

I had an agent once buy 70 shared leads. Blanked and quit. I gave those leads to another agent and he close 4 deals.

It's really a matter of finding your comfort zone and then be willing to both work hard and not get discouraged. There are going to be bumps along the way-apps that don't get placed, the occasional client who cancels before you make any money on it, deals that should have been written but weren't, etc, etc, etc. At the end of the day you need to keep plugging away with the system that works for you. Who was it who said, 'the harder I work the luckier I get'?

Back