Med sup agent needing next step

I really don't care for "Tukillya" and very seldom drink it.

Red wind is what Jacqueline and I usually drink.

I love reading you guys that are still Old School and yes your marketing is old school. Does it work? I am sure it does. but so does an ax cutting down a tree. Pick up a Chainsaw.

The online boom for Medicare supplements is huge, and for your old school guys that cant be found on the web. Buisness is passing you by. I get 8 calls a day for Medicare supplement insurance. Why and how? I have an optimized site that is on the first page of Google. I cant handle the traffic on some days;)

I love reading you guys that are still Old School and yes your marketing is old school. Does it work? I am sure it does. but so does an ax cutting down a tree. Pick up a Chainsaw.

The online boom for Medicare supplements is huge, and for your old school guys that cant be found on the web. Buisness is passing you by. I get 8 calls a day for Medicare supplement insurance. Why and how? I have an optimized site that is on the first page of Google. I cant handle the traffic on some days;)

Do you feel better now?

What in the hell does drinking red wine have to do with selling Medicare Supplements or the way they are sold??????????

You have officially gone on record as a candidate for the next "Forum Stud Muffin" award. You know you are wonderful and a "21st century king of guy" and now all of us do also. You could be my new hero.

You don't have a clue what others are doing or how much business they are writing. You only talk about receiving calls. Doesn't your mother get tired of placing those calls every day?

You didn't mention sales or more importantly persistency. It doesn't matter how many policies one sells, what pays the bills is how many are still on the books after 12, 36, 48 and 60 months. That's what the topic of this thread is. It isn't "Look at me and see how much better I am than you are".

Your statement has nothing to do with the topic of this thread nor do any of the posts talk about the different methods of selling Med Supps.

I guess you just needed to brag a little.

Do you feel better now?

What in the hell does drinking red wine have to do with selling Medicare Supplements or the way they are sold??????????

You have officially gone on record as a candidate for the next "Forum Stud Muffin" award. You know you are wonderful and a "21st century king of guy" and now all of us do also. You could be my new hero.

You don't have a clue what others are doing or how much business they are writing. You only talk about receiving calls. Doesn't your mother get tired of placing those calls every day?

You didn't mention sales or more importantly persistency. It doesn't matter how many policies one sells, what pays the bills is how many are still on the books after 12, 36, 48 and 60 months. That's what the topic of this thread is. It isn't "Look at me and see how much better I am than you are".

Your statement has nothing to do with the topic of this thread nor do any of the posts talk about the different methods of selling Med Supps.

I guess you just needed to brag a little.

I do NOT have a system yet to capture more business from existing clients let alone new ones.

This was the main question, and you never answered it, Because you cant give this individual a good marketing plan to start, because you dont understand the online Boom and massive amount of Google searches a day, for the Term Medicare Supplement. If you know what your doing, this is the fastest way to build a client start base, if you have none.

First I could care less what you think, I have read your post. Second My Mother is passed away, so appreciate your comments, Third its not bragging, but individuals that follow your old school methods, will be like using a commodore 64 on the web. For your information, just because seniors are buying online at a rapid rate, has nothing to do with keeping your clients or maintaining persistency. The boomer generation will not rely on the Old School Agents, You will be a thing of the past in 5 years.;)

Last edited:
I do NOT have a system yet to capture more business from existing clients let alone new ones.

This was the main question, and you never answered it, Because you cant give this individual a good marketing plan to start, because you dont understand the online Boom and massive amount of Google searches a day, for the Term Medicare Supplement. If you know what your doing, this is the fastest way to build a client start base, if you have none.

First I could care less what you think, I have read your post. Second My Mother is passed away, so appreciate your comments, Third its not bragging, but individuals that follow your old school methods, will be like using a commodore 64 on the web. For your information, just because seniors are buying online at a rapid rate, has nothing to do with keeping your clients or maintaining persistency. The boomer generation will not rely on the Old School Agents, You will be a thing of the past in 5 years.;)

I repeat, you don't have a clue what I or any of the others on this board know or don't know or the various ways we market out products. You also don't have a clue how much business other agents write, nor did you share with us how many thousands of dollars you are making each week in commission. Not that I either care or would believe you if you did post it. You are just way too full of yourself. Build a bridge and get over it.

You are obviously new, and young. Kind of like a teenager who thinks they know everything and has reinvented the wheel.

Oh, I almost forgot. What is the address of this wonderful, optimized site that is on the first page of Google? I'm sure all of us would like to see what a "real agents" website looks like.

I just did a google search on Medicare Supplement and didn't see anything that even remotely looked like your site on the first page. How are you counting pages? Are you starting with the last one and calling that the first page?

I also assume you are licensed in all 50 states. If not and your website really does exist and you really are "swamped" with "too many" calls each day I would guess that the majority of them may be coming from states where you don't have a license.

News flash, you can only sell insurance in the states where you are licensed.

If you are going to "talk the talk", be prepared to "walk the walk" or just go ahead and admit you are blowing smoke. Give us your web address so we can learn from a "21st century kind of guy".

If I'm not mistaken it takes mucho dinero to be on the first page of google for just about any search word(s).

I could be wrong though. I admit I'm not a 21st century nerd...err guy.

I repeat, you don't have a clue what I or any of the others on this board know or don't know or the various ways we market out products. You also don't have a clue how much business other agents write, nor did you share with us how many thousands of dollars you are making each week in commission. Not that I either care or would believe you if you did post it. You are just way too full of yourself. Build a bridge and get over it.

You are obviously new, and young. Kind of like a teenager who thinks they know everything and has reinvented the wheel.

Far from being a kid, Already had a career, 21 years in the Army, Your right I dont know much, Are you retired?? were you retired at 37 with full benefits, Doubt it very seriously. Get off your soapbox, see you cant even apoligize for making some stupid statement about someones mother, Shows your true character as a Human being, Never mentioned money, never mentioned nothing, your the one going on about that.

Oh, I almost forgot. What is the address of this wonderful, optimized site that is on the first page of Google? I'm sure all of us would like to see what a "real agents" website looks like.

I just did a google search on Medicare Supplement and didn't see anything that even remotely looked like your site on the first page. How are you counting pages? Are you starting with the last one and calling that the first page?

I also assume you are licensed in all 50 states. If not and your website really does exist and you really are "swamped" with "too many" calls each day I would guess that the majority of them may be coming from states where you don't have a license.

News flash, you can only sell insurance in the states where you are licensed.

If you are going to "talk the talk", be prepared to "walk the walk" or just go ahead and admit you are blowing smoke. Give us your web address so we can learn from a "21st century kind of guy".

Sorry dont need bogus traffic, or someone like yourself playing around, I have nothing to prove to you, I made a statement of modern day marketing, I think I understand a little more about Google and SEO than you could possibly fathom, Last comment I make to someone like yourself.

See the part you dont understand, is most senior Agents, dont market online, dont really know how, Why would I create competition in a niche area, that most old school agents would try to duplicate or create. Just not good buisness sense.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken it takes mucho dinero to be on the first page of google for just about any search word(s).

I could be wrong though. I admit I'm not a 21st century nerd...err guy.

It has nothing to do with Money for Page one of Google, in the Organic searches, PPC yes, but garbage traffic. Has nothing to do with being a Nerd, its called modern day marketing.

dmiller,
This is a forum for agents with ideas and experience to share. If you're not going to actually share information and are only going to put down what other agents are doing, then maybe you should start your own blog somewhere. While I appreciate you sharing that the internet is the "new" thing and it's the only way to go or we'll all be in the unemployment line or worse working at a 7-11 somewhere, you still haven't said anything that is helpful in any way. I'm not trying to be condescending, but I do hope you realize that bragging is not helpful to anyone here, unless of course you can back it up and you actually share good information. As for being a retired grunt...I'm sure you had an outstanding military career, thank you for your service. Now what does that have to do with anything in this forum?

Back