Med supp billing flow

I would have answered this but unlike the rest of you, apparently I work!

Frank is about 95% correct. I'll still allow him to take the upper division class in Medicare.:policeman:

Rick

I would have answered this but unlike the rest of you, apparently I work!

Frank is about 95% correct. I'll still allow him to take the upper division class in Medicare.:policeman:

Rick

Is that just another way of saying that you were locked in your office testing your thermometer?

95%, really, maybe you will be kind enough to enlighten us on the other 5%. You're going to "allow" me to take an upper division class? Is that the class that uses the reference book I wrote on Medicare and Medicare Supplement insurance?

Is that just another way of saying that you were locked in your office testing your thermometer?

95%, really, maybe you will be kind enough to enlighten us on the other 5%. You're going to "allow" me to take an upper division class? Is that the class that uses the reference book I wrote on Medicare and Medicare Supplement insurance?
I wasn't going to point out your error, but you stated that except for Plan C and F, other plans don't cover the Part B deductible. You missed Plan J.

Because you talked back to me, I'm dropping your grade to a B+. Watch your lip "young" man.

Rick

I wasn't going to point out your error, but you stated that except for Plan C and F, other plans don't cover the Part B deductible. You missed Plan J.

Because you talked back to me, I'm dropping your grade to a B+. Watch your lip "young" man.

Rick

That was simply a test to see if you were paying attention. Nobody sells Plan J anyway. That would be a worse choice for most people than either Plan F or C, at least in my part of the country.

That was simply a test to see if you were paying attention. Nobody sells Plan J anyway. That would be a worse choice for most people than either Plan F or C, at least in my part of the country.
I agree that Plan J sucked when it covered drugs, and sucks even more now.

But I think one company, maybe Genworth, is promoting that they have really low rates on Plan J.

Rick

I agree that Plan J sucked when it covered drugs, and sucks even more now.

But I think one company, maybe Genworth, is promoting that they have really low rates on Plan J.

Rick

I just checked, none of he companies I sell for have a Plan J. I wonder, are they saying that J has low rates compared to what, Plan F? You know that if agents jump all over their J that within a year the rates are going to skyrocket.

I wouldn't think the rates could be that low considering that J also covers excess charges. I'm really getting fed up with this "rate game" companies are playing. The rates go up so they come out with a new company and lower rates for 12 months and then their rates go up.

The agents who are getting sucked into that are spending most of their time moving existing clients from one company to another and do not have the time they should be devoting to getting new clients.

The senior market is starting to suck. When I started in this business commissions were for the life of the policy. There were no commission reductions after 6 or 8 years.

How do companies reward an agent who has worked hard to retain their clients as policy holders of that company? By cutting the hell out of their commission after six years.

Well Frank, you in MO, just exercise the option they have of shopping from carrier to carrier on their anniv date 6 years after they buy from you.

I'm aware of that but it really pisses me off that agents are constantly getting treated like crap by the companies. That also takes time away from writing new business that shouldn't be necessary.

Plus, if the company finds out that you are rolling their policy holders into another company they can and some have "fired the agent" or made them pay a full years premium for each policy the agent rolled. Read your Med Supp contracts carefully. Cont. Life was famous for doing that under Baskin, don't know how they are now.

It's bad enough that we don't get an increase in commission when the premium goes up, they also screw us because we have busted our ass to keep them as clients.

That will work for you and me but what about the agents in the other 48 states that don't have that option. They are really getting screwed.

It's bad enough that we don't get an increase in commission when the premium goes up, they also screw us because we have busted our ass to keep them as clients.
The carrier with the most Medicare business in California is Blue Cross. 13% commission new and renewal based upon the renewal premium. Blue Cross and Health Net are 20/10, again on renewal.

United World street level is 15% on the original premium for 6 years. Lincoln Heritage is 17% but no one has ever heard of them. I think AARP will wind up being somewhere around $250 first year and about $175 renewal.

It might be that Blue Cross has the best "deal" over the long term as far as commission but how do you sell it to a 70 year old non-smoking women in Los Angeles? Blue Cross charges $209 for Plan F; United World is $154. Lincoln Heritage is $145.

I've been marketing to woman 70-77 in the hopes of moving them into one of the lower priced plans. I'll worry about moving them later if the prices go up too much.

Rick

Back