Med Supp Plan K & L

liorselamb

Guru
100+ Post Club
Recently I came across several prospects that have AARP Med Supp plan K or plan L and I was wondering if any of you noticed the same trend with AARP Supps out there...

I think AARP agents market these plans because AARP doesn't offer plan G and the other plans they offer, priced above the competition (in my area)

Needless to say, I was able to convert them into plan G or N (which in most cases, cost the same as AARP Plan L).

Recently I came across several prospects that have AARP Med Supp plan K or plan L and I was wondering if any of you noticed the same trend with AARP Supps out there...

I think AARP agents market these plans because AARP doesn't offer plan G and the other plans they offer, priced above the competition (in my area)

Needless to say, I was able to convert them into plan G or N (which in most cases, cost the same as AARP Plan L).

Ask Rick about plan K. He LOVES it!

I think I sold one once, about a year ago. I can't remember why, but I remember the customer was difficult to work with. I remember presenting it to him

I think It's better to have HDF than K

I think the opposite, but it is likely region specific.

In my area, Plan K is not much more than HDF ($15-20), so getting "50%" of co insurance covered (in general) is better than 0 until you meet the deductible.

They both pay the agent about the same, since uhc goes all cheap on Comp on K.

I've only sold a few, and it's normally after someone wants something like HDF and I show them this alternative.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Ask Rick about plan K. He LOVES it!

Rick told me he writes more plan J than anything. I wanted to do just like him but I can't find any rates.

Scott is correct. Gap plan pricing is area specific.

Most of the time when someone wants HDF they will invest an extra $30 for N.

Back