Med Supp Plan K & L

I think there are 3 zips where Cig/ARLIC is competitive and this isn't one of them.

F - $196
K -$0
L - $0

G -$171
N - $138

I think there are 3 zips where Cig/ARLIC is competitive and this isn't one of them.

F - $196
K -$0
L - $0

G -$171
N - $138

Those are $13-18 higher than what I see here. They're nowhere near the cheapest and I'll only use them in niche situations. I was just letting you know they pay full comp for GI(the only one I know of). Too bad they're not more competitive.

I would write a GI for: the referrals, for the chance to cross-sell them FE afterwards, if they have a younger spouse soon to be on Medicare (or they are already on Medicare), or for the chance to change them later.

Aetna and Cigna e-apps, if I recall this right, are reminding agents doing GI that they can do an underwritten app, I also recall at least once them asking me that on the phone. Good to keep in mind, for those who can pass the questions, if willing to do so.

I'd be interested in what the lead line for that would be, if someone is leaving a group, 1st time on B, etc.

I would write a GI for: the referrals, for the chance to cross-sell them FE afterwards, if they have a younger spouse soon to be on Medicare (or they are already on Medicare), or for the chance to change them later.

Don't let Bob fool you. If there is a spouse involved he will write the GI app to get the other one.

I'd go with the zero premium Plan L

I checked. It's not available in your area.

Tom, I looked at ARLIC when it first came out. Had the contracting paperwork in hand, then I checked rates. Savannah was the only area that I found that came up competitive and I think I have 3 clients in that area.

I went down a list of zips based on recent quotes and had to go through 10 or more to finally find one where they were even in the hunt.

"I will not write a GI app"

Somarco, is this a "time is money" decision?

Not entirely.

I have the same E & O exposure for a $0 or $25 commission app as I do for one that pays full commission. Often the GI policyholder requires more service work since, by definition, they are not healthy going in.

Plus some carriers will hurt you if you submit too much GI business.

I would write a GI for: the referrals,

Referrals are great, and often I get referrals from people that I helped but was unable to write their app. Still not worth the risk to me. I have better things to do with my time.

Aetna and Cigna e-apps, if I recall this right, are reminding agents doing GI that they can do an underwritten app, I also recall at least once them asking me that on the phone. Good to keep in mind, for those who can pass the questions, if willing to do so.

I always ask health questions if they qualify for GI. Occasionally, but not often, I run into someone who can qualify. Wrote one last year like that. Don't recall the medical condition, but he took low dose warfarin. Believe he had a clotting issue following surgery a few years earlier.

Normally warfarin is a knock out question, but we talked about it in more detail. I was prepared to write him GI if necessary since his wife would go on Medicare in a couple of years, but did get him approved.

Scott, I tried that a few times, offering to write the GI but only if I got the spouse. The warfarin guy was the last one I was willing to do. I just pass on them now. Usually send them to AARP/UHC. Can't think of a carrier that is more deserving.

I used to sell UHC to AARP members in a call center. I sold Plans K and L mostly to Vets who traveled. It could help them when away from a VA, even though the VA says they will pay in an emergency, the Vets felt better having a Med Supp along with their VA. Really the only time I sold it, oh, and I would sell Plan L to people who felt the Plan N premium was too much. All I could do was educate.

Back