Med Supp Refund or no?

I've always said that I'm all about the client and the agent. Those are my bread and butter. If a company is doing something that isn't on the up and up (and this really isn't), then they should be able to take a little heat. If they get all bent out of shape then that's one company that I don't want my agents or clients doing business with. Too many companies to be kissing ass when a company is in the wrong.
Well said. I will stop writing a carrier and move existing clients from them if I discover they’re behaving badly. I just don’t publicly badmouth them until enough of those clients are moved to make the risk of losing the renewals acceptably low.

You and I both know this is not true. Speak to a supervisor before you (the client) contact the DOI. Once you find someone there that actually knows what they are talking about then you'll be fine.

Believe it or not, mutual of Omaha will issue a med supp to someone who only has part a. Not aware of any others that will though.

I have a client that signed up with me last year but then delayed his retirement and effective date 1 month, then decided to keep working and kept his employer cov till this coming June, He was supposed to cancel cov and He Called me to resign for June 1st effective.

The app gets rejected because he already has the plan, (He never canceled) apparently he got so caught up in canceling part B which took several months that he forgot to cancel the medsupp. (don't ask me how someone doesnt know $100 monthly charge is coming out of account).

Anyway insurance company is not willing to give refund on premiums paid, Which I don't understand as I know I had one that never cancelled MA plan for a year and got refunded on the same ground as the cov could not work without both A and B, But now the ins company is saying it does not matter. not sure what is different

MA plans are notified when Part B is cancelled so when Part B is gone, the MA coverage is gone as well. So let's say someone enrolled into an MA plan effective 5/1 (Part B also started 5/1). Then in December, Part B is retroactively cancelled so there is no record of ever having Part B, then the MA is also retroactively cancelled (even if claims were paid) as if never enrolled. MA is a different animal then Supp. To make an argument that the supp should be retroactively cancelled and premiums refunded, try providing proof of employer coverage and SSA letter about Part B. If anything, the carrier should be able to see they don't have Part B through a CMS site.

Strange that the carrier would sell a policy for which the insured is ineligible. Most of the time, clerical errors get corrected.

So...enroll in Part B, become eligible for Sup. Wait a while, drop B and maintain Sup coverage. Part A charges are covered by Medicare and consequently the Sup. Part B charges are declined by all but policy remains in force if premiums are paid. Re-enroll in Part B and charges are covered.

Only 1 open enrollment allowed for Sup the 1st time enrolled. Having been auto enrolled then declining Part B retro to the effective date would make the person ineligible for a Sup and would preserve the open enrollment in a Sup.

I remember someone here years ago saying they had someone who had a med supp and part a only. The med supp would pay part a as usual and 20% of part b claims.
Seems dumb to me but to each their own

I remember someone here years ago saying they had someone who had a med supp and part a only. The med supp would pay part a as usual and 20% of part b claims.
Seems dumb to me but to each their own

I recall seeing that as well.

Back