Medicare + ACA? How many of you cross sell ACA?

We have focused soley on the Medicare space for 10+ years. We semi-frequently get asked about ACA plans from our Medicare clients (typically their kids are looking for coverage).

For those of you that cross-sell ACA, any suggestions on excellent educational resources, FMOs, and pros/cons of this part of the business? Looking to see if ACA is a worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks in advance!

We have focused soley on the Medicare space for 10+ years. We semi-frequently get asked about ACA plans from our Medicare clients (typically their kids are looking for coverage).

For those of you that cross-sell ACA, any suggestions on excellent educational resources, FMOs, and pros/cons of this part of the business? Looking to see if ACA is a worthwhile endeavor.

Thanks in advance!
I looked into several times, but in Florida the only plan that is competitive is Florida Blue, and they are captive.
Oscar pays decent commissions, but nobody accepts it.
If I ever did pick up ACA, it would only be to offer the spouse insurance until they get on Medicare, or for the kids of customers like you mentioned.

I looked into several times, but in Florida the only plan that is competitive is Florida Blue, and they are captive.
If I ever did pick up ACA, it would only be to offer the spouse insurance until they get on Medicare, or for the kids of customers like you mentioned.

Cigna isn’t too bad on premiums. Luckily my wife got licensed last year and she’s a captive FL blue agent so I can send her the biz.
During AEP I turned clients down that asked to help their kids and ACA. There’s some new rules with a form they have to sign or something and I have zero idea what it is and if there’s a digital version.

Ambetter in Florida is competitive but they lack providers.

We've done both since ACA started and it is turning into a gold mine. Write a family of 4 and you'll make $1000 or so.

I think we wrote over 500 new to us this AEP in addition to our Medicare stuff and many of those are a few years out so it fills the t65 pipeline.

Id start by learning the networks of the plans in your area and then learning how the tax credits work and then jump in head first with a few spouses of Medicare clients or older people losing cobra. They pretty much have to go ACA so it is somewhat of a captive audience.

If you view ACA as a Medicare lead generation tool it will help justify the free work that can come from this market as you expand. I've written plenty of Florida Blue plans but then grabbed their Medicare supplement plans at 65.

We've done both since ACA started and it is turning into a gold mine. Write a family of 4 and you'll make $1000 or so.

I think we wrote over 500 new to us this AEP in addition to our Medicare stuff and many of those are a few years out so it fills the t65 pipeline.

Id start by learning the networks of the plans in your area and then learning how the tax credits work and then jump in head first with a few spouses of Medicare clients or older people losing cobra. They pretty much have to go ACA so it is somewhat of a captive audience.

If you view ACA as a Medicare lead generation tool it will help justify the free work that can come from this market as you expand. I've written plenty of Florida Blue plans but then grabbed their Medicare supplement plans at 65.
who do you have your fl blue ACA contract with?

Cigna isn’t too bad on premiums. Luckily my wife got licensed last year and she’s a captive FL blue agent so I can send her the biz.
During AEP I turned clients down that asked to help their kids and ACA. There’s some new rules with a form they have to sign or something and I have zero idea what it is and if there’s a digital version.

Medicare pro crm has the 2 consent forms built in and you can send as text or email. The text they just type their name and hit submit and it goes back to your crm . Takes 1 min to do all.I assure you if Trump gets in subsidies cut big and commissions ripped apart .

Last edited:
Medicare pro crm has the 2 consent forms built in and you can send as text or email. The text they just type their name and hit submit and it goes back to your crm . Takes 1 min to do all.I assure you if Trump gets in subsidies cut big and commissions ripped apart .

Im ok with that. Less than 1% of my biz is ACA.

Back