Medicare + ACA? How many of you cross sell ACA?

Yes, I keep saying Im not going to do it, but it keeps coming up. I can't say no, it all adds up. I despise the "my income is only 35k for my family of 2" then oops, I just cashed out my 401k for $150k.

Personally, I started doing U65 back in 2004 done a ton of U65 even after obamacare, but when I would go on an appt, it was after gathering enough info to know what they were going on, including what ancillaries (aka LI/CI etc). That's the version of "cross selling" I dig.

It is a good avenue.

Thanks for these suggestions. A few follow up questions:

1. Sales: Do you focus on local or do you sell in multi-states? (We sell over the phone in 40+ states). I'm wondering if ACA is similar to Medigap sales in terms of ease of contracting and selling across multiple states.

2. Education: Any suggestions on good/great educational resources for ACA?

3: FMOs: This may tie into #2, but are there certain FMOs that are a step above the rest?

Thanks again!
We market through financial services firms and most of our business is local to Missouri but if it comes to me I'll write it. I made the leap a few years ago to get certified on the Colorado exchange and now have around 20 active cases there. I would never market for that area but it's hard to say no when people are lining up.

I'm pretty much a self study w ACA so I guess that would be my advice. I've learned a lot about wealth management and have sat in in a number of planning meetings w clients/advisors. For example, one situation that was unique involved a 60 year old pulling out 150k or so of ura assets early to play the subsidy game for the next 5 years. That ends up saving him more than the incremental tax hit so it was to his advantage. I've then made that recommendation to other advisors and all the sudden I'm well versed in that situation.

Most of our contracts are straight to the carrier.

I'll add -- if there are agents licensed in michigan that haven't explored the ACA side yet.

Here we have Priority and BCBSM, both good options (more but these are what I've leaned into due to no complaints from clients on either for the most part). Both easy enough to do and with Priority you'd have good enough agent support. With BCBSM, the agent support is spotty.

Priority has decent commish, 10% as earned and includes subsidy. Not sure if contracts on commish vary.

Not bad when you have a good number. And add some LI and CI and cover more bases....

I'll add -- if there are agents licensed in michigan that haven't explored the ACA side yet.

Here we have Priority and BCBSM, both good options (more but these are what I've leaned into due to no complaints from clients on either for the most part). Both easy enough to do and with Priority you'd have good enough agent support. With BCBSM, the agent support is spotty.

Priority has decent commish, 10% as earned and includes subsidy. Not sure if contracts on commish vary.

Not bad when you have a good number. And add some LI and CI and cover more bases....

You’re saying if a 60 year old H/W is $2k a month before subsidy’s the agent makes 10% or $200 a month ? If so that’s crazy . I’d be concentrating on that

You’re saying if a 60 year old H/W is $2k a month before subsidy’s the agent makes 10% or $200 a month ? If so that’s crazy . I’d be concentrating on that
Yes, my highest for a single 60s though is about $1000 so yah close to $100 per....

I believe BCBS of il is similar.... Up to 5% of actual premium. I wrote one. A few years ago that was $3000/no for husband and wife.

Wow I got several husband wife’s over 60 paying $300 a month with $2200 subsidy . That would be $250 a month comp . Wow . I look back over last 3 yrs I wish I did 60/40 Medicare/aca instead of 95/5% . There was boatloads to make in aca with much much less service work . I rarely get service calls . A lot of younger healthier people on aca

Back