Medicare Advantage Broker Referral Programs

Interesting way of conducting business. What's the average AV and commission on MA plans??

Sorry not sure what "AV" means, but on my end with one company I get paid $100 per lead that is closed and $250 with the other company. On the agent side, my fiance gets paid on a tier system with the pay being $250 for the first 15 for the month, they all turn to $300 when he hits 16 and then they all turn to $400 when he hits 31 for the month. The other company he gets paid a straight $420 for each that closes.

I haven't heard of any of the PFFS plans doing that, only HMO's.

Slick, I'm not sure there are any available around here. I checked a while back and wasn't successful in getting any information. My brother-in-law does that in Florida and claims he is very successful. But then, he is an insurance agent you know. LOL

Salpro, there is no AV. Commissions vary all over the board. $150 to $350 and higher. Just depends. Success is only measured by how many apps you write, not on AV.

There is no renewal or very little and for the most part it is just a one shot deal and it's done.

A good portion of it is, ready for this, Zero Premium! The few agents I know who do this seem to have the best luck in the poor areas of the city where people only have Medicare and nothing else. I understand that most of them don't even know that there is something else available for them like the HMO.

Michellea, has this been your experience or are you working more of a middle class prospect?

It brings in money but doesn't "build a book of business". However, these people are good prospects for final expense also.

Michellea, is your fiance is also going after final expense insurance while he is there.

Sorry not sure what "AV" means, but on my end with one company I get paid $100 per lead that is closed and $250 with the other company. On the agent side, my fiance gets paid on a tier system with the pay being $250 for the first 15 for the month, they all turn to $300 when he hits 16 and then they all turn to $400 when he hits 31 for the month. The other company he gets paid a straight $420 for each that closes.

AV = Annualized Volume

It sounds like you have a nice tag-team approach to conducting business. Are those commissions competitive with what he could get outside of those two companies?

It sounds like a "marriage made in insurance". It's kind of like, "you can't have one without the other". LOL He is doing very well with his commissions.

I wish I could get into a program like that around here. Good luck to both of you.

Salpro, there is no AV. Commissions vary all over the board. $150 to $350 and higher. Just depends. Success is only measured by how many apps you write, not on AV.

Thanks for the clarification Frank.

I disagree with you about success being measured predominately by the number of apps you write vs. AV. I think it is a combination of the two and then some including the "quality" of business. AV is VERY important to me because it determines how much I'm paid. If and when I sell companies who pay a flat fee then the AV won't matter as much except for inner pride of reaching specific goals.

Thanks for the clarification Frank.

I disagree with you about success being measured predominately by the number of apps you write vs. AV. I think it is a combination of the two and then some including the "quality" of business. AV is VERY important to me because it determines how much I'm paid. If and when I sell companies who pay a flat fee then the AV won't matter as much except for inner pride of reaching specific goals.

There is usually no premium for these plans, that is why you cannot measure your success on AV. The companies pay a flat fee per enrollee. For instance my pyramid contract pays me $330 first yr and $110 for renewals no matter what the premium is The premium is not adjusted by age either. Everyone in the same county pays the same price for the same plan.

Hey Frank, whenever somebody says that got horses that can run, I'll stand by and yell "giddyup", but that don't necessarily mean I'll be sitting in the saddle.

Michellea,
Sounds like you two have a nice deal going on.
The PFFS 1 and 2 don't look too bad, but I don't think I would chose to write more than 1 or 2 per month.

But if you get tired of dialing for HMO's, hang a sign to set supplement appointments and we'll find you plenty to do.

One more thing...
Are United Healthcare and United Health Group the same thing?
Because United Health Group is part of the voluntary freeze, but Secure Horizons refers to United Healthcare.

There is no renewal or very little and for the most part it is just a one shot deal and it's done.

A good portion of it is, ready for this, Zero Premium! The few agents I know who do this seem to have the best luck in the poor areas of the city where people only have Medicare and nothing else. I understand that most of them don't even know that there is something else available for them like the HMO.

Michellea, has this been your experience or are you working more of a middle class prospect?

It brings in money but doesn't "build a book of business". However, these people are good prospects for final expense also.

Michellea, is your fiance is also going after final expense insurance while he is there.

You are totally correct Frank. Most of my clients are low income individuals. For the most part many of them do not understand anything. I can't tell you how many times I talk to people and they tell my someone came out from some company and did something and they have NO IDEA WHAT THEY SIGNED UP FOR. It is really sad some of the stories I run across. I do run across many people who are very low income but yet they are still paying their monthly premiums for BCBS when they are dual eligible and qualify for medicaid to pay their Part B premiums and for them to enroll in a MA Plan, but they are too scared to do so.

The area I am in has been hit very hard before I got into the business. Everyone that I deal with knows that there is additional help and almost everyone is signed up on a MA Plan, but it is sad how many individuals do not realize they are on something else. I am successful in getting clients by being honest with them and I take the time to explain to them how everything works. I break it down for them to where they can understand it and I may have to say it 12 times. My fiance and I take pride in that we are not the type of people who just switch over anyone for no reason and we are still able to close enough to pay our bills.

And YES YOU ARE SO RIGHT in that this does not offer good renewal rates. That is one of the reasons I am thankful I found this site. Yes we got into this thinking it would be a great way to make quick money, but we learned different, are really interested in the business and we want to make this our career so for right now, yes the MA Plans are paying the bills, but we are seeking out experience, and are greatful for the opportunity that we have by "getting our foot in the door" so that we may branch out and actually have a career to retire from one day.

And No he is not going after final expense at this time. I had never heard about final expense until I found this site. So if you have any suggestions on that end, feel free to fill us in!!!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!

It sounds like a "marriage made in insurance". It's kind of like, "you can't have one without the other". LOL He is doing very well with his commissions.

I wish I could get into a program like that around here. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks so much! It works for us. I am much better on the phone and he is much better in front of the client. He has that skill of keeping them from getting sidetracked without being rude, whereas I end up on the phone with some people for over an hour and can't get off the phone with them no matter what! But that is ok, the ones that keep me on the phone that long are usually lonely and very old and I hear very interesting, wonderful stories about the "good ole days", haha.

Back