Medicare Advantage Broker Referral Programs

No, actually they're power chairs. As long as they have a condition (they can even have high blood pressure, and thats everybody). You just go over the paperwork with the client (like an MA app) and then once the paperwork is filled out you send it in, and medicare pays for it. Then the chair is delivered to their front door. You get paid in about a week from the time you are with the client

He posted in another thread....power chairs.

That's Dan Weston's turf...better watch out, he breaks legs

Also, if someone is on an MA plan, wouldn't Medicare be excluded from covering a power chair since neither Part A nor Part B benfits apply?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, actually they're power chairs. As long as they have a condition (they can even have high blood pressure, and thats everybody). You just go over the paperwork with the client (like an MA app) and then once the paperwork is filled out you send it in, and medicare pays for it. Then the chair is delivered to their front door. You get paid in about a week from the time you are with the client

So first I would sell the client their insurance to cover DME (and of course, making sure it's a policy that covers the power chair, regardless of anything else). Then tell them about these wonderful power chairs I can sell them for free, because I know their insurance covers it since I just sold the policy :skeptical: Of course, if they don't qualify (even though they pre-qualified) they're stuck with the bill.....almost sounds like a great deal, and not a conflict of interest.

If it's not an ethics violation in the insurance industry, it should be. I know it is in a lot of other professions. I'm a licesened counselor and did that for several years until I burned out. Doing something like that is the fastest way to get your license pulled in that profession.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, if someone is on an MA plan, wouldn't Medicare be excluded from covering a power chair since neither Part A nor Part B benfits apply?

Maybe that's how you get your MA appointments? Go to sell the power chair first, have medicare pay for it, and since you're helping them with all the insurance stuff you know how frustrated they are with medicare and suggest an MA policy, and set up an appointment for after medicare has paid for the power chair :D

Last edited:
As long as they have a condition (they can even have high blood pressure, and thats everybody).

Um, where did you get that information from? Here are the basic qualification for a Medicare approved power chair and scooter:

Qualifying for a Power Wheelchair
Basic requirements:
  • The user must be eligible for a defined Medicare benefit category.
  • The product must be reasonable and necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of an illness or injury or to improve the functioning of a malformed body member.
  • The user must meet all other applicable Medicare statutory and regulatory requirements.
s.gif

A power wheelchair is covered when all of the following criteria are met:
  • The patient's condition is such that without the use of a wheelchair the patient would be unable to perform daily activities in their home, and
  • The patient's condition is such that a wheelchair is medically necessary and the patient is unable to operate a wheelchair manually, and
  • The patient is capable of safely operating the controls for the power wheelchair

Qualifying for a Scooter
The basic coverage criteria for a mobility scooter is the same as it is for a power wheelchair. The specific requirements do vary, however, and are as follows:
  • The patient's condition is such that without the use of a wheelchair the patient would not be able to move around in their residence; and
  • The patient is unable to operate a manual wheelchair; and
  • The patient is capable of safely operating the controls of the scooter or power wheelchair; and
  • The patient can transfer safely in and out of the scooter or power wheelchair and has adequate trunk stability to be able to safely ride in the scooter or power wheelchair; and
  • It is ordered by a physician who is one of the following specialties: Physical Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurology, or Rheumatology

The Company I work for is called AA Mobility. We are a part of the BBB. CMS has no regulations on our products. I'm just trying to provide an opportunity some other agents can benifit from by just taking an extra 5 minutes to make an extra $400 while doing what they are already doing. If your interested, let me know. If not, don't discourage others from making a better living for their family just because you like to discourage people on here. People are on here trying to find opportunity, so here it is.

The Company I work for is called AA Mobility. We are a part of the BBB. CMS has no regulations on our products.

I posted the MEDICARE qualification requirements, not anything to do with CMS. This is what MEDICARE requires for eligibility. You stated they only need to have high blood pressure, which is false.

I'm just trying to provide an opportunity some other agents can benifit from by just taking an extra 5 minutes to make an extra $400 while doing what they are already doing. If your interested, let me know. If not, don't discourage others from making a better living for their family just because you like to discourage people on here. People are on here trying to find opportunity, so here it is.

In California (at least), this activity will get your insurance license revoked by the DOI. Licensed agents in California are prohibited from engaging in non-insurance business with their insurance clients. Since this is a non-insurance product, it is against licensing regulations out here. Earning a commission from the sale of a power chair to an existing insurance client while acting as their agent is strictly prohibited, as is inducing them into an MLM or selling them aluminum siding--or for that matter may not suggest, infer or induce insurance clients to contribute to any charity in which the agent particiaptes. Additionally, any domestic carrier selling Medicare plans (MA or Supplemental) that found out a contracted agent did this would immediately terminate that agent's contract to sell. I know, I checked.

Additionally an agent would need to submit an application and disclosure for approval from the CA DOI for any outside business activity not covered under the scope of their licensing status with the state.

Last edited:
I posted the MEDICARE qualification requirements, not anything to do with CMS. This is what MEDICARE requires for eligibility. You stated they only need to have high blood pressure, which is false.

In California (at least), this activity will get your insurance license revoked by the DOI. Licensed agents in California are prohibited from engaging in non-insurance business with their insurance clients. Since this is a non-insurance product, it is against licensing regulations out here. Earning a commission from the sale of a power chair to an existing insurance client while acting as their agent is strictly prohibited, as is inducing them into an MLM or selling them aluminum siding--or for that matter may not suggest, infer or induce insurance clients to contribute to any charity in which the agent particiaptes. Additionally, any domestic carrier selling Medicare plans (MA or Supplemental) that found out a contracted agent did this would immediately terminate that agent's contract to sell. I know, I checked.

Additionally an agent would need to submit an application and disclosure for approval from the CA DOI for any outside business activity not covered under the scope of their licensing status with the state.

Thank you, Dave! I hope this puts the lid on this stinkin' crap. Say good-bye to larymes! I think he should be voted off the island!

Back