Medicare Express - Benefit Geek

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by sshafran, Sep 11, 2017.

1. sman

sman Guru

State:
    Georgia
    No argument here. If they were a dominant player in my area then I would certainly have to really think long and hard about whether or not I'd send them to that website. The last thing I want to do is have to fight for my commissions. Or worse, have my contract terminated and not get any commissions.

2. Iwillpay

Iwillpay Guru

I agree also, I trust no one to put in my number.:yes:

3. socal401

socal401 Super Genius

In the certifications for UHC for 2018, it states you can be on the phone with the applicant, helping them enroll but cannot be present.

"Agents must not be physically present with a consumer who is completing a web application. However, the agent may assist the consumer telefonically."

This is from the 2018 Ethics and Compliance course.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. jacobtn

jacobtn Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    what difference does it make if you are on the phone with them, or sitting with them while they complete it? Makes no sense.

5. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Pretty sure it's a legal issue or the only way they were allowed to get the system up.
    WellCare does the same thing and every aep they reiterate that with their consumer facing site, that is a personal URL given to the agent, you must not help the client out in person or by phone. It must be passive.

6. FLM2

FLM2 Guru

Here is the problem with this-UHC makes random outbound calls to the consumer about these enrollments, and most consumers won't know what to say regarding the enrollment process so it's easy for UHC to mark it as a compliance violation.

That's exactly what happened to me and rather than fight with them (and no doubt lose) I chose to do a Learning Module and decided never to use that site again.

7. somarco

somarco Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Agent assisted enrollment from (insert carrier name) is an oxymoron.

8. Chris@ACAExpress

[email protected] Expert

Tis True... prior to our release of Medicare Express! If you have questions or need help please let me know.

9. sman

sman Guru

State:
    Georgia
    I have a question, how did you determine $15 per app would be the price? I'd love to know the rationale behind that. Don't get me wrong, you're free to charge whatever you want. Not sure how many takers you will have at that price point though.

10. somarco

somarco Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Unless ACAExpress is a carrier, my observation still stands.