Benefit question: Potential client, SLMB only, original Medicare, Dexcom free wants MAPD

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
Finding a non dual eligible MAPD that could work with a vendor that is currently supplying this prospect with no cost Dexcom has been a challenge. Options, Humana, Anthem, probably not Aetna in this county due to network, UHC, no, also network missing one local hospital chain. Maybe branch out into Molina. No: Cigna in the zip code. Client is SSDI.

You won't find a carrier that will have $0 copay listed for dexcom unless a csnp has one.. SLMB is tricky, sometimes they don't get billed the 20% or they do and don't think they owe it because they have "medicaid"

Oh, the levels. Before I was selling Medicare plans and was teaching pre-licensing I was mystified by the Medicare Savings Program. (like an HSA? or what?) I hadn't had the time to dig into the Medicare/Medicaid adjacent levels.
The new client is enrolled in a chronic condition CSNP, not income based, and hopefully will still have SLMB.
There is a DME company that has some options to find help that is working on their end.

Back