Medicare.gov email soliciting MA plans

Uhhh, yeah, if by "the gub'ment" you mean lobbyists for the insurers. 60% of the revenues of the big 5 MA insurers comes from their MA business. They want this so much that they're down for an annual 3-month MA do-over period in which to market, market, market....

Actually, marketing isn't allowed during the OEP from 1/1 to 3/31.

Blue, I have posted this before (more than once) but bears repeating in light of your post.

Maybe 10 years ago BX GA decided they had too many non-producing agents and wanted to cut the number of appointed back to something under 500. In a "secret" meeting of their top producers they announced a quota system. If you did not sell at least 10 major med plans by mid-year your contract would be terminated for lack of production.

Attendees were told to keep it secret but it was on the street before sunset.

What followed was almost a wholesale replacement of BX U65 business over the next few months. Of course only the healthy people left and the sick ones stayed behind.

I don't know how much existing and future business they lost but the quota was abandoned within 6 months

Carriers also got behind Obamacare full force. Most of them are no longer in the U65 business. The few that stayed for the grand opening in 2014 lost their shirts.

Sometimes wonder how they got so big by being so stupid

They may lower out of pocket for people on only Original Medicare, but I hate when my Med Supp clients call and I have to waste time explaining to them that these plans are much more inexpensive than the Supp they are on, but they will be responsible for copays. When we start going down the SOB, it usually shuts them up pretty quick...until they forget and call about it again next year.

Kind of feels like the government is stepping on the toes of the rules they impose on us in marketing. We should be transparent with the positives and negatives of these plans when we talk to people about them, and so should they.

They may lower out of pocket for people on only Original Medicare, but I hate when my Med Supp clients call and I have to waste time explaining to them that these plans are much more inexpensive than the Supp they are on, but they will be responsible for copays. When we start going down the SOB, it usually shuts them up pretty quick...until they forget and call about it again next year.

Kind of feels like the government is stepping on the toes of the rules they impose on us in marketing. We should be transparent with the positives and negatives of these plans when we talk to people about them, and so should they.

Ya know, Gotto love it. A client like that called me this year and was very upset that she paid so much more for shingles shot than her friend on Humana MAPD, She did want to hear anything because her friend said Humana is the Best and her friend does not pay a premium and get silver sneakers

So I signed her for humana, I went over everything, in full detail but all she could see is her friend said

Then she called me Monday morning when I have leads everywhere and Follow appointments I am running late on, and She is freaking out because she got her humana booklet and she sees all the copays, Now I got to try and get her approved on a new supplement

Ugg

does she give you any clues about how often she is likely to visit MDs/other clinicians & actually pay those copays? Seems like that exercise would help determine if her "freak out" is warranted

How so, Most people will pay less on MA plan If they stay healthy, Someone over 75 years old has a very small chance at staying healthy for too long

Besides Medicare supplement is just a better product in many of these states, I forget she is either NC or IL. She went with PPO at $77 because she did not want referrals. Her plan G was $120 previously.

If someone goes to the doctor 3 or 4 times a year they are going to spend less on MA, How is that going to help when they get cancer and can't go to the cancer place they have always heard is the Best.

Comparisons only help when someone is Now minded not as much when someone is "what IF "minded.

Ya know, Gotto love it. A client like that called me this year and was very upset that she paid so much more for shingles shot than her friend on Humana MAPD, She did want to hear anything because her friend said Humana is the Best and her friend does not pay a premium and get silver sneakers

So I signed her for humana, I went over everything, in full detail but all she could see is her friend said

Then she called me Monday morning when I have leads everywhere and Follow appointments I am running late on, and She is freaking out because she got her humana booklet and she sees all the copays, Now I got to try and get her approved on a new supplement

Ugg

If it’s her first time being on an MA and she’s in her first 12 months, she’s in the trial period and can go back to her supplement on a GI basis. If she is in good health, then you can put her through UW to get a commission, but if there is no option or she is going to get a rate up I wouldn’t go that route.

Back