Medicare Sales. Need advice as I’m new to this

Calisajizzle

Hey guys came across this forum. I have been doing P&C sales for 6 years. Recently I was contacted by a recruiter with United Health Care selling Medicare. During our conversation she was hyping up the company and the product. Now I have a few concerns.

1 it’s 100% commission. Every sales job I had was salary + commission. Now my recruiter says she will hold my hand during the entire process. Not sure if this is entirely accurate or if she is blowing smoke ( I mean we are in sales)

2. How will leads work? Will I have to go around knocking on doors? Picking up a phone book? Scouring the super market? Call all my friends and family?
I know with sales u get what you put into it, but with Covid I got laid off and this sounds like a fantastic opportunity, what can I expect? Is it possible to earn a decent income after 60 days? Or is it more of a don’t expect anything your first year approach?

She just told me all the great things! However she did tell me the only thing she can’t control is waking me up! I’m comfortable with 100% commission if the product is great which it seem like it is

No not really, she did mention that initially the company will provide leads, set up events for me to attend, and that it’s her job to get me to a certain amount of sales before I’m on my own.

No not really, she did mention that initially the company will provide leads, set up events for me to attend, and that it’s her job to get me to a certain amount of sales before I’m on my own.

Well it doesn't hurt to try it out, and see how it goes! You won't know until you test out the opportunity for yourself. If you have Facebook, we have a Facebook group that has free marketing strategies and videos on how to market ... Facebook Groups

She just told me all the great things!

UHC is AARP. It's likely she's trying to get you to sell their MAPD and DSNP plans. And you're not captive for UHC, you're just partnering with them and selling their leads.

You have to get and maintain certification for MAPD and PDP. Lose it, even once, you drop to zero.

Also, it's a good idea to look at many MAPD plans in your area. You can do it on Medicare.gov/plan-compare.

You need to read the Medicare and You booklet and really understand when Medicare Advantage is appropriate to suggest and when it's just not.

You're also going to be answering a lot of questions about Medicare, not just the insurance plans you offer.

P&C (especially if you're doing car and homeowners) is a completely different situation than selling Life and Health. It's easier to transition into Medicare, because need is predetermined, but there's a ton more trust you have to earn (seniors are rife with scams.)

If you're working now in P&C, I'd consider working an AEP before you went balls out. It's 6-7 weeks and it gives you a really crash course in Medicare.

So with UHC being AARP, is that good? Are they a good company to work for? I know with sales it’s up to you to make money, but can I realistically make decent money being new to this?

Back