Medicare Training Recommendations

Was leaning toward phone or a combination of both because that's what most my experience is up till now, but would consider any suggestion that may lead to success with enough effort.
Either way, the cornerstone of your marketing tactics has got to be direct mail. You can (and should) supplement with other things (even cold calling!), building referral sources, etc., but it all starts with a consistent direct mail program.

Either way, the cornerstone of your marketing tactics has got to be direct mail. You can (and should) supplement with other things (even cold calling!), building referral sources, etc., but it all starts with a consistent direct mail program.

Woah! Woah! Stop the presses!

Yesterday folks thought Paul was in rare form because he was being a little snarky (which is par for course for him on here, which I like), but now he's suggesting that cold calling might be a good way to supplement other lead generation methods!?! Boy am I glad I was sitting down.

So who hacked your account :)

----------

Was leaning toward phone or a combination of both because that's what most my experience is up till now, but would consider any suggestion that may lead to success with enough effort.

If you have phone experience that's going to help, but it's really tough to do phone sales with insurance if you haven't done belly to belly. It's a lot harder to hear body language over the phone if you haven't seen it in person. Seniors are told every day not to trust people asking you for health or financial information over the phone which also complicates things.

CC for Medicare is easy in comparison to everything else but, My belief, opinion, experience is agents should get DM leads and TM leads if they want to maximize their sales and profit. Yes you can do just one or the other and be fine, but to get to the next level as an AVERAGE agent you should do both. Just an opinion.

----------

CC for Medicare is easy in comparison to everything else but, My belief, opinion, experience is agents should get DM leads and TM leads if they want to maximize their sales and profit. Yes you can do just one or the other and be fine, but to get to the next level as an AVERAGE agent you should do both. Just an opinion.

I am sure someone is going to ask why?

Why? well DM people generally don't respond to TM calls and vice versa.

I've budgeted out and can likely afford a mail drop every two weeks initially. I suppose I can reevaluate the frequency depending on my initial results.

Back to my original question.. any tips on where to contract or find some support? So far ritter has caught my eye, however I've only browsed the website. I've also seen the names Todd king and Daytona (I think) posted around here but maybe that was more so for FE. Any insight on the 3 or others when talking about Medicare primarily?

I'll def re-read the Medicare guidebook and Frank's pdf until I am pretty comfortable with it.

I've budgeted out and can likely afford a mail drop every two weeks initially. I suppose I can reevaluate the frequency depending on my initial results. Back to my original question.. any tips on where to contract or find some support? So far ritter has caught my eye, however I've only browsed the website. I've also seen the names Todd king and Daytona (I think) posted around here but maybe that was more so for FE. Any insight on the 3 or others when talking about Medicare primarily? I'll def re-read the Medicare guidebook and Frank's pdf until I am pretty comfortable with it.

I like Vanberg and associates, Troy the owner is an upfront honest guy with tons of knowledge.

Back to my original question.. any tips on where to contract or find some support? So far ritter has caught my eye, however I've only browsed the website. I've also seen the names Todd king and Daytona (I think) posted around here but maybe that was more so for FE. Any insight on the 3 or others when talking about Medicare primarily?

I'll def re-read the Medicare guidebook and Frank's pdf until I am pretty comfortable with it.

I'm sure I'm going to catch some heat for this, but hopefully it's helpful:

MedicareAgentTraining.com is Chris Westfall (DaytonaGuy). He does do a lot of videos as well as personal production. I've spoken with a number of agents that claim he doesn't return their calls once they get contracted, but it's tough to say whether or not it's true. I think he is trying to go the video training model (which I think is a great idea). He does want 19.97/month (which is probably fair). Chris definitely invested more in phone sales than anyone else I've seen. From what I recall a number of folks on here strongly recommend him, so I'd take that for what it's worth.

MedicareTraining101.com is Rick Bronstein (GreenSky). Rick has been a Medicare agent for a long time and has a great deal of experience with the MA market. He has seen great success with the way he's designed his mailers with anything to do with Medicare. He has also been more than willing to spend a great deal of time on the phone hoping agents get started. I don't know much about the quality of his site as I haven't seen it, but I suspect it's pretty good. He wants a mild 2 cents per month more than Chris, so that's hardly a deal breaker.

On a different side there are a lot of mid level recruiters that will also be there to answer questions and give out pretty good contracts. The biggest problem I see with either of the two sites above is that it isn't localized training. If you were selling Medicare in California it would be a no-brainer to talk to Rick. If you were selling Medicare in Florida it's a no-brainer to call Chris. If you're in any of the other states or DC you're probably better off trying to find a local upline or at least someone in your state. Medicare is super regional and as things progress that's only going to become the case more and more.

I suspect Ritter would be a good place to start. I don't know what their footprint is, but they have invested a great deal in technology to make comparisons easier and to help agents stay organized. They also offer competitive commissions.

I'm sure I'm going to catch some heat for this, but hopefully it's helpful:

MedicareAgentTraining.com is Chris Westfall (DaytonaGuy). He does do a lot of videos as well as personal production. I've spoken with a number of agents that claim he doesn't return their calls once they get contracted, but it's tough to say whether or not it's true. I think he is trying to go the video training model (which I think is a great idea). He does want 19.97/month (which is probably fair). Chris definitely invested more in phone sales than anyone else I've seen. From what I recall a number of folks on here strongly recommend him, so I'd take that for what it's worth.

MedicareTraining101.com is Rick Bronstein (GreenSky). Rick has been a Medicare agent for a long time and has a great deal of experience with the MA market. He has seen great success with the way he's designed his mailers with anything to do with Medicare. He has also been more than willing to spend a great deal of time on the phone hoping agents get started. I don't know much about the quality of his site as I haven't seen it, but I suspect it's pretty good. He wants a mild 2 cents per month more than Chris, so that's hardly a deal breaker.

On a different side there are a lot of mid level recruiters that will also be there to answer questions and give out pretty good contracts. The biggest problem I see with either of the two sites above is that it isn't localized training. If you were selling Medicare in California it would be a no-brainer to talk to Rick. If you were selling Medicare in Florida it's a no-brainer to call Chris. If you're in any of the other states or DC you're probably better off trying to find a local upline or at least someone in your state. Medicare is super regional and as things progress that's only going to become the case more and more.

I suspect Ritter would be a good place to start. I don't know what their footprint is, but they have invested a great deal in technology to make comparisons easier and to help agents stay organized. They also offer competitive commissions.

I don't think Chris sells much in Florida; he sells in other states over the phone.

I would say join both sites!

I don't think Chris sells much in Florida; he sells in other states over the phone.

I would say join both sites!

You're right. I have thousands of clients OUTSIDE Florida and about ten in the state. It's difficult to stay on top of what companies are best in the different states, but that is, in fact, found on MedicareAgentTraining.com on an interactive map.

Thanks for the mention. Happy selling!

Back