Medicare with Aetna supplemental

So the correction is he strictly has Medicare advantage that is managed by aetna

Like I said Medicare advantage will always have red tape some are better then others, And there will be cost share

If you can get him to move in and get GI Medicare supplement plan F would cover everything and its 2ndary to medicare so The Insurance company cant decline are required preauth when medicare approves

However, if that is not possible. You can ask the provider which plans they prefer, If he has financial assistance from either state for drugs or Medicaid he can change right away

If not you will have to wait till AEP

Like I said Medicare advantage will always have red tape some are better then others, And there will be cost share

If you can get him to move in and get GI Medicare supplement plan F would cover everything and its 2ndary to medicare so The Insurance company cant decline are required preauth when medicare approves

However, if that is not possible. You can ask the provider which plans they prefer, If he has financial assistance from either state for drugs or Medicaid he can change right away

If not you will have to wait till AEP
This is a good idea, however, I would buy Medicare Supplement Plan G, not F. F you are just throwing away money in premiums to save less than a $200 annual deductible. Doesn't make any sense.

This is a good idea, however, I would buy Medicare Supplement Plan G, not F. F you are just throwing away money in premiums to save less than a $200 annual deductible. Doesn't make any sense.

Except he cant pass underwriting

Plan G is not offered under GI rules at least not yet

It would if effective Jan 1st but that is not the case here

Except he cant pass underwriting

Plan G is not offered under GI rules at least not yet

It would if effective Jan 1st but that is not the case here

An agent I know recently pointed out to me that the Anthem (GA) app indicates G is available for GI. Might be in other states as well.

I do t think Anthem let's you GI into G for move, just F/N.

They do let you GI into G for losing retiree/employer coverage tho.

I do t think Anthem let's you GI into G for move, just F/N.

They do let you GI into G for losing retiree/employer coverage tho.

I don't know if they have different rules Because they are offering plan G

However reg GI rules if you move outside the service area of MA or MA cancels it is GI

Back