Medicare with Aetna supplemental

Jul 10, 2019

1. David Taylor Jr

David Taylor Jr Super Genius

State:
    Kentucky
    So I just did a dummy app, Anthem does indeed let you START a Medigap for Plan G under GI, but it will not let you finish because they do not qualify for G if it is due to a move.

2. vic120

vic120 Guru

State:
    Tennessee

Do they allow you to complete it if it were plan F

If not then there is an issue with the app

If so then fewer reasons apply because they are allowing G before its required

vic120, Jul 10, 2019
  3. David Taylor Jr

David Taylor Jr Super Genius

State:
    Kentucky
    Technically you can complete it with G, but it gives a list of scenarios as to why you have GI and then which plans you can or cannot buy. So while you can finish the app it will get thrown out.

4. kstein

kstein Guru

Anthem's e app is brutal. They screw up the GI rules all the time and it rarely works from start to finish (in my experience). Look on the insert that shows the GI situations. On the Missouri app it shows some disclaimer like we also allow Plan N in addition to A,F, etc...

On the GI situation of losing employer coverage, it clearly shows they allow Plan G.

kstein, Jul 10, 2019
  5. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    No doubt about that. Also had issues with underwritten apps which had nothing to do with their convoluted e-app.

I now only do T65 apps with them.

If there is the hint of a problem with the client completing their portion and submitting I use the paper app and fax it in. I lose the ability to track the app but given the complexity of finding it with their "new" broker portal it probably doesn't matter.

somarco, Jul 11, 2019
  6. TwoCents

TwoCents Guru

Did I miss something about where OP and the father live? Could be down the street from one another -- that move wouldn't trigger GI or let him leave the MA unless just down the street happened to be out of area for the MA.