Medigap Under Fire W/ Debt Commission

Seniors are all about feeling secure. You need to understand this reality when you call upon these people. If not, get out of your cubical and sit down with these people eye ball to eyeball belly button to belly button. You will quickly realize that there is a sizable percentage that want predictable costs, and that includes no deductibles. They would rather budget a small monthly payment then to be wacked by the proposed $550.00 deductible and 20% of the unknown. When you get to a fixed income you will understand why they think this way.

Seniors are all about feeling secure. You need to understand this reality when you call upon these people. If not, get out of your cubical and sit down with these people eye ball to eyeball belly button to belly button. You will quickly realize that there is a sizable percentage that want predictable costs, and that includes no deductibles. They would rather budget a small monthly payment then to be wacked by the proposed $550.00 deductible and 20% of the unknown. When you get to a fixed income you will understand why they think this way.

What in the world are you talking about? I guess the biggest mistake I made was thinking that I was talking to adults on here with at least high school reading comprehension skills.

$550? What is that? I wrote in my first paragraph that there would be $6836 yearly exposure ( 6 times the Part A deductable) with only Medicare.

I mentioned that I ( who is only ten years younger than "Seniors")have a $5000 deductable, and have no sympathy for people with a predictable income who are not that older than me needing a no deductable plan.

Everyone on the planet would like a predictable out of pocket, or zero deductable or co-pays but it is just not feasible, even for retirees.

As far as being on a "fixed income" , that tired old saying is nowcoming back to haunt those using it because of the disparity in income of retirees and younger people. It is such a dumb statement anyway because it implies stability - something anyone could use. Many people have NO jobs,unstable or "unfixed" income or no income at all. Those lucky enoughto have that "fixed" income tower above many others whose income is not fixed.

I have been in the field in the past week thank you and work out of my 4000 square foot home, not a "cubicle." I will continue to run appointments because I love to get out of the house and make excuses to do so. I was just making a point about the reduced commissions. But I understand that too many points probably blew a gasket in that brain of yours.

Last edited:
Dang crphone, are you a bit sensitive? I'm not sure how long you have worked in the senior market or what area you work but Medsupppro is right on the money with his statement...

As for using the "fixed income" line. What person in their right mind would want to live off of $500-$2000 a month and be happy about it?

What in the world are you talking about? I guess the biggest mistake I made was thinking that I was talking to adults on here with at least high school :mad: reading comprehension skills.

$550? What is that?... I was just making a point about the reduced commissions. But I understand that too many points probably blew a gasket in that brain of yours. :mad:

Sorry I ticked you off.

Why don’t you start a new post about your 10% commission and your $5,000. deductible issues?

Then we could agree on something. :goofy:

When people realize that exposure with Medicare is only 6 times the Part A deductable yearly plus in most cases 20% of Part B expenses ( if the doctor takes an assignment ) they are going to figure out that paying high monthly premiums for supplemental coverage ( in high premium areas at first) just doesn't make sense.

And as someone in their 50's with a $5000 deductable for my health insurance plan seeing folks not that older than me insist on a zero deductible plan kind of irritates me.

Finally as an Agent, and seeing my commission go down ( from 40% in the late 80's ) to as low as 10% now, I just don't see the point of actively marketing these plans.

I take phone calls from various marketing plans in place and will go near my home otherwise it is phone e app only.

First off, it is highly unlikely that someone would pay the Part A deductible 6 times in a year. The 20% on part B can equal up to HUGE amounts especially with heart surgeries, cancer and part B covered drugs. There is no MOOP limit with medicare. I would rather pay $1,000-$2,000 a year for a med supp. You obviously do not understand the gaps in the Medicare coverage.

I guess the biggest mistake I made was thinking that I was talking to adults on here with at least high school reading comprehension skills.

You are not the first to make that mistake.

Dumb it down to about the 10th grade level... and by all means chill out a bit.

This is only the internet... not real life. It makes no karmic difference if the guys here like you or don't like you, but it will make a physical difference if you stroke-out because of it.

Again... chill... and be happy!

Al
My website is here

Back