Mega - Female waiting period

I lost one tonight to these people. They claimed they sold "Individual Group Plans" - they NEVER quote price or show BROCHURE.

These agents are in the appointment setting business, period. They use unbelievable techniques to get appointments.

The reality is if they get the appointment a good agent will close 90% , they are trained to not leave without the check.

I hear all of the time from consumers that they will not cancel the appointment because they want to "compare", I will call them the next day - and they bought. Every time.

They're ridiculous. I closed about 90% when I started with UA, but persistency is the kicker here. It's kind of hard to selling against them once a Mega agent has brainwashed a customer too... Customers don't have a clue what they're buying and most only care about price... until they have a claim.

The best tactic I use against Mega is just referring the client to google and telling them to type in Mega Life.

Or... I'll say, "Well, if you really want a B+ rated company that's been fined hundreds of thousands of dollars by TDI for mishandling clean claims, I understand..." Click... many will call back.

Am I the only one who sees the humour in "Female waiting period" in conjunction with the topic?

I would never send the consumer that TDI stuff. They can look up any top company and find a bunch of trash.

I don't give them the link TX... I was giving the link to you guys to back-up my statement. As mentioned, Mega has way more trash with a simple google search than any insurance company...

Back